After update, Charles Schwab Bonds are not receiving market price updates?

etcgmail
etcgmail Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Some holdings are being updates, but other are not. All holdings are checked to receive quotes.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you running? Please go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what it says there. 

Recent updates are supposed to have fixed this.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    R37.37
  • maeagle
    maeagle Member ✭✭
    options (since nov 21) and cds (since nov 12) still not updating on my Quicken version 37.37 .
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    No options, but they are corporate bonds........and no cds
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    Seems the issue is not resolved.
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    Oddly, some corporate bond prices are being updated. The problem with updated quotes began on November 17.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might look at the "Download Quotes" column of the Security List and make sure all the securities have checkmarks in their boxes.
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    Thanks, but I have already.
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    Does anyone have any idea when the quote updating will be fixed??????????? This is causing me a major problem in analyzing my holdings right at year end.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on R37.37 and getting quotes on all my securities, all of which have ticker symbols. 
    Bonds and options generally don't have tickers so those quotes must come from Schwab.  It it only the "Schwab-supplied" quotes you're missing, or more than that?
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    Only Schwab supplied quotes..........and only on bonds. No bond quotes have been downloaded since November 17. All securities are flagged for the quotes to be received. Also, I have checked several of the symbols recorded in Quicken and cross referenced to the CUSP IDs of the bonds and they are all correct.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @etcgmail

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the community and thank you for confirming that it is the Bonds that are missing quotes.

We have opened a ticket with our team and they are investigating this issue further.  If you haven't already, please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select the "Report a Problem" option from the menu.

In the window that opens, enter "CTP-3057" in the subject line, select the boxes for each of the .txt files listed and when ready click "Send to Quicken".

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system to add to the ongoing ticket.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    etcgmail said:
    Only Schwab supplied quotes..........and only on bonds. No bond quotes have been downloaded since November 17. All securities are flagged for the quotes to be received. Also, I have checked several of the symbols recorded in Quicken and cross referenced to the CUSP IDs of the bonds and they are all correct.
    The symbols recorded in Quicken have virtually nothing to do with price info from the FI.  

Are you having Quicken compare holdings with the FI info? Do any mismatches appear?

From what you have said, I would consider unmatching a bond from the online security (Security Details) and letting that match re-establish.   (Online Center)
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    Sarah: I have logged the problem and sent the files as you requested. Thanks. Terry
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    q_lurker: Your suggestion above has seemed to solve the problem for the one holding I tested. I will follow that process for all my bond holdings and see if that holds for future updates.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    etcgmail said:
    q_lurker: Your suggestion above has seemed to solve the problem for the one holding I tested. I will follow that process for all my bond holdings and see if that holds for future updates.
    You might monitor if the actual CUSIP associated with the matching changes. 
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    q_lurker:

Thanks for your suggestions that have resulted in all quotes being received and updated. The information in Quicken is now correct.

It seems something occurred to the matching during the update. But your advice has completely solved the problem I was having.

Terry
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    q_lurker:

An update to the issue.

With the One Step Update performed this morning, all the bonds are not receiving quote updates again. The process you suggested yesterday worked, but I can't continue to manually correct the bond matching every day.

Also, the Online Center shows all Schwab portfolios in balance, but one portfolio indicates a transaction has downloaded from Schwab but not applied.

This is a mess.

Thanks
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @etcgmail. Glad I could help for a brief moment. Sorry it didn’t last. Maybe your experience that way will help someone better see that specific problem. 
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    Can I get an update on this needed correction? We are approaching year end when this HAS to be working so that tax information is accurate!!!!!!!!
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    Also I have noticed that:

1. The OnLine Center information shows no bonds with a "ticker" symbol. That field is blank.
    2. The OnLine Center is indicating portfolios are in agreement when they are not.
    3. Certain OnLine Center portfolios have the Compare to Portfolio box grayed out.
    4. After One Step Update, the results show that not all the securities have received quotes, but gives no information about why.
  • enzo
    enzo Member ✭✭
    I am also experiencing the same problem with bond prices. I have tried the solution provided by Lurker and that does temporarily allow me to match bonds in quicken data file with those reported in online center. However, it does not provide a permanent solution to the security mapping problem. I have also noticed that the fixed income securities that are not solely held had Schwab but are also held at Fidelity do update pricing.
    So, it must have something to do with the mismatching of tickers (cusips) in the pricing files that Schwab transmits. I own a lot of bonds; I do need a universal solution.
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    A new release was available this morning, but it did not correct this issue. When will this matter be resolved????
  • k5esxg
    k5esxg Member ✭✭
    This is a BIG MESS !!! I have one portfolio that is all muni bonds. They have no quote updates since NOV 01, 2021. This should be easy to do, but I think someone is ignoring this problem. Get it FIXED, or quit selling "software" .
  • k5esxg
    k5esxg Member ✭✭
    :( ... I just uploaded my CTP-3057 Trouble Report .txt files. Please hurry to get bond quotes downloaded from Charles Schwab accounts nightly. Thank you. Mike Reaves k5esxg 940-799-9821.
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    I'm confused as to how the quote download works. I don't know why the quotes should come from Schwab, but they should come from the same source that Schwab gets them. All I know is that the process quit working when the updates for Schwab issues started occurring.............over a month ago. Therefore, my data in Quicken is worthless.
  • enzo
    enzo Member ✭✭
    I just downloaded the latest update 36.56 and that took care of my bond pricing problem. All prices are as of 12/20. That makes sense since bonds normally have a one day delay with pricing. Hopefully, that is a permanent solution. I have about 70 individual bonds at my Schwab accounts. So, this is very important to me.
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    Enzo: Thanks for the information, but I am on release 37.52 which is described as the most current.....and I have the quote download issues. Maybe if I step back to release 36.56?
  • etcgmail
    etcgmail Member ✭✭
    Enzo: An update. This morning I applied release 36.56 and the quotes are now updating. Thanks for your help. Quicken's release numbering is baffling as my software had a higher release number for some reason.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    etcgmail said:
    Enzo: An update. This morning I applied release 36.56 and the quotes are now updating. Thanks for your help. Quicken's release numbering is baffling as my software had a higher release number for some reason.
    Quicken tried that higher release and told everybody to revert back....  

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

This discussion has been closed.