"Express Web Connect+" accounts stopped downloading - no error messages.

Options
Mitch112
Mitch112 Member ✭✭
All of my express web connect + accounts have stopped downloading with no error message. They worked fine last week. This has happened to several bank accounts and to several Credit card accounts.

Best Answer

• Oliver103
    Oliver103 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My online banking stopped working after the most recent R36.48 update to Quicken Premier, giving me 502 errors stating that none of my Citibank accounts were recognized. I was able to fix this by:

1. First logging on to my Citi account, selecting the Profile icon in the top-right corner of the webpage, then More Settings -> Manage Desktop Apps (in the Security section) -> Add Access. You should see a confirmation that Citi opened access to 3rd party apps and a count-down timer starting.

2. Then going to Quicken and opening one of the affected account registers, followed by clicking the gear icon in the top-right corner and selecting Update Now (or pressing Ctrl+Alt+U in the register).

3. After the usual prompts for two-factor authentication, Quicken was able to communicate with the Citi servers and updated my all my registers.

My best guess is that the Quicken update caused the trust between my Quicken installation and Citi to be broken and needed to be reestablished through the process above. However, one would never know from looking at the error messages. Hope this helps.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which financial institutions have been affected?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Mitch112
    Mitch112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Usaa, Citi Bank, Barclays Bank, Charles Schwab
  • Oliver103
    Oliver103 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    My online banking stopped working after the most recent R36.48 update to Quicken Premier, giving me 502 errors stating that none of my Citibank accounts were recognized. I was able to fix this by:

1. First logging on to my Citi account, selecting the Profile icon in the top-right corner of the webpage, then More Settings -> Manage Desktop Apps (in the Security section) -> Add Access. You should see a confirmation that Citi opened access to 3rd party apps and a count-down timer starting.

2. Then going to Quicken and opening one of the affected account registers, followed by clicking the gear icon in the top-right corner and selecting Update Now (or pressing Ctrl+Alt+U in the register).

3. After the usual prompts for two-factor authentication, Quicken was able to communicate with the Citi servers and updated my all my registers.

My best guess is that the Quicken update caused the trust between my Quicken installation and Citi to be broken and needed to be reestablished through the process above. However, one would never know from looking at the error messages. Hope this helps.
  • Mitch112
    Mitch112 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This worked for Citibank and also gave me a direction for the others. Two of the banks needed to actually recreate the entire account. After installing the new accounts and updating them I hid the old accounts so that I could access the Older data if I needed it.
This discussion has been closed.