Quicken downloading from Fidelity Now Failing

Since 2019 I have successfully downloaded and reconciled investment data from Fidelity Investments. November and December transactions have now failed. I have changed passwords on Quicken and Fidelity and tripled checked to confirm they match. Still failing. Suggestions?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    usual questions....
    What version .... Help --> About Quicken
    Are your other accounts downloading properly ?
    Any error messages or codes ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My most recent download from Fido, via One Step Update, was yesterday morning 12/4/21 @ 6:47am
    SO, what specific problems are you having with Fido?
    ALSO, at the same location that @Ps56k2 directed you to ... what's your "Membership Valid Thru" date?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• md-boy
    md-boy Member ✭✭
    I was running Quicken Premier version 36.45. All accounts were downloading successfully except my Schwab accounts as of 12/5/2021. To resolve the Schwab account reactivation issues I upgraded to Premier version R37.37 build 27.1.37.37 this morning, which resolved my Schwab reactivation and download issues. However, I now am receiving OL-362A errors for my Fidelity and TDAmeritrade accounts. Please advise.
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    I am also running Windows 10 with Q Premier Version R37.37 Build 27.1.37.37. All day today I get error OL-297-A (Quicken unable to establish internet connection). Have not tried to download in a few days, so not sure when the problem began. Last successful download from Fidelity was 11/30/2021
  • bmackey55
    bmackey55 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I also started getting the OL-362-A error a few days ago after successfully downloading from Fidelity Investments and Fidelity NetBenefits for years. Nothing has changed and I can access my account perfectly fine through the Fidelity website and App with no change in any credentials.

Yesterday I was able to get a clean update by selecting "Update Transactions" from my 401k account view vs One-Step-Update. However, this morning both failed.

FYI - I'm running the latest version of Quicken for Windows 10. V r36.48 / B 27.1.36.48
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    After reading many posts on this forum, I shut-off my VPN last night and was able to successfully complete a download from Fidelity. Yea! It seems like something changed between 11/30/21 and 12/7/21 since several Fidelity fund distributions during that period were not downloaded. However, if VPN's are supposed to be the "secure communications link" of the near future, then the VPN Standards Committee (whomever that is), the VPN providers, the financial institutions, and aggregators like Quicken need to rapidly get on the same page, else there will be continued volatile connectivity problems going forward... IMHO
  • bmackey55
    bmackey55 Member ✭✭✭
    The problem seems to have been corrected. My One-Step-Update was successful this morning.
  • gbhnew
    gbhnew Member ✭✭
    I am having a similar issue. I get the message "Fidelity blocking Intuit access". Fidelity Transactions were downloading fine. I cannot reestablish and I have the VPN off. Is this an intuit issue?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just now, having read this thread, I ran a little experiment.
    • I backed up my Q data file.
    • I ran a update of my Fidelity Investments accounts while I was running Build R36.45.  No issues.
    • I upgraded to Build R36.48 and ran another update of my Fidelity Investments accounts.  Again, no issues.
    • SO, until further info is received, I have to go with @bmackey55's response that the issue seems to have been corrected.
    • Alternatively, the issue could be user specific.  But again, more info would be needed.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bmackey55
    bmackey55 Member ✭✭✭
    I did have another error over the weekend but I tried again later in the day and it worked fine. THOUGHT - could it be an early morning problem due to some kind of maintenance going on with Fidelity? I think all of my issues have occurred before 7am.
  • I Keep getting the error from Quicken that "the financial institution has downloaded transaction for an account not in Quicken..." This keep occurring despite deactiving online access and then reactivating it multiple times as well as resetting the accounts and validating the data file. I finally based on above turned my VPN off and it worked. Interestingly my wife's account data would download successfully even with VPN on -- she only has one account at Fidelity. I have 2 accounts - one directly with Fidelity and one with NetBenefits which is also run by Fidelity and can be accessed from with in your single Fidelity login. I am running R36.54 on a Windows 10 pro /Build 2OhH@, OS Build 19042.1415, freshly installed 2 days ago with all Windows updates up to date. I am connecting from Honduras
This discussion has been closed.