Unable to deactivate certain accounts but others deactivated with no issue

Options
Bob Ru
Bob Ru Member ✭✭
I've seen from other posters that starting a few months ago, attempts to download from TD Bank (using DirectConnect) were returning OL-393-A error. In my case, it appeared that all the transactions and balances were downloading from all 7 of the accounts I have at TD (though one it's hand to tell since there isn't any actual activity. But the error keeps showing. I tried resetting the accounts, but this didn't solve it. Getting very tired of the error every time i run OneStep. After additional research, decided to try deactivating all 7 accounts, planning to reactivate them once all were deactivated.

While 5 of the accounts successfully deactivated, 2 others wouldn't, despite multiple attempts. Clicking on the deactivate button would cause the 2 confirmation dialog boxes to appear, to which i of course responded yes. but very quickly it would return to the same OnlineServices screen that originally appeared, with the deactivate and reset buttons, etc., rather than the SetUpNow screen that appears for the ones successfully deactivated.

At this point, I have no idea what to do. So help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Bob Ru,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file to see if this will help in allowing you to deactivate the accounts. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the identical problem. I've tried disconnecting from the internet, and super validating the file. Nothing works
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello @Rob,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and add to this discussion, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Can you please sign out of Quicken and then sign back in?
    To do this;
    1. Go to Edit and select Preferences from the menu options.
    2. Click on Quicken Id & Cloud Accounts from the list on the left of the Preferences box.
    3. Click Sign in as a different user.
    4. Type "yes" to confirm and click Sign out.
    5. Close Quicken and reopen it.
    6. Sign in, and see if you can now deactivate the accounts. 

Do let us know how this goes.

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.