Why does Quicken show a security in my brokerage account that is not there in the account itself?

Options
Professor T
Professor T Member ✭✭
I've updated my Raymond James brokerage account on Quicken Mac 6.4.5. Quicken lists a security that I don't actually own, and it says I lost ca. $500,000 on this imaginary security. Quicken has the correct account number, and it has all the other stocks and their values, correct. What's going on?

Answers

• llewando
    llewando Member ✭✭
    Options
    I thought that this was just related to the Schwab download issue but apparently it is happening on other download accounts. My Schwab accounts are riddled with this issue. Please help resolve this problem.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Professor T,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

I would suggest trying to restore from a backup that was created before this problem occurred. You can also try deleting the security. 

Let me know what occurs after trying these suggestions or if either of these fixes the issue.

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Professor T
    Professor T Member ✭✭
    Options
    :) I deleted the account and added it to Quicken again. It now updates properly. Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.