Check Register Changes

Bill Lo
Bill Lo Member ✭✭
I keep a written check register for my wife who does not like to use the computer. I enter all checks in quicken and again in the written register. Then I backup before closing quicken. We were away for 2 weeks and this morning when I open quicken, I noticed that the check register amounts are not different from my written register by $600 with the higher amount in quicken and the written register lower by $600. I have been using quicken since 1992, and have never had this happen before. I am not sure what to do at this point. I hope someone can give me a suggestion of what to look for. By the way, quicken is not connected to my bank so there could not have been any downloads of data because I always enter the checks manually and nothing obvious has changed when I look at the transactions, only the totals have all gone up by $600 from my written register. Two weeks ago, the totals were all identical as they should be.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Hello @Bill Lo,

Thank you for coming to the Community with our questions and concerns, though I apologize for the delayed response. 

Have you tried restoring a backup? That would be my go-to in a situation like this. 

Let us know how that goes and if you have any more questions, thanks!

Quicken Alyssa

• Bill Lo
    Bill Lo Member ✭✭
    Yes thank you. restoring seemed to have found the problem. Somehow a transaction had been deleted. I guess I could have done it by mistake but I do not know how it happened. comparing with the back up showed my the problem.
  • @Bill Lo,

Thank you for updating the discussion with your resolution to the issue.

Very pleased to see that you were able to resolve it!

Quicken Alyssa

This discussion has been closed.