Are all the issues associated with the Schwab downloads resolved?

llewando
llewando Member ✭✭
I just spent the whole weekend fixing eight of nine Schwab accounts that had bad transactions- either equities transactions that were not on my accounts or shares that were not what my Schwab accounts actually had. It was a mess. There is still one account that is not working but appears to be a Schwab issue. It is not recognized by the downloads even though it exists in both Schwab and Quicken.

Answers

• nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    Search this forum for Schwab and filter by "newest". Short answer is wait to be prompted for a 37.37+ version download and you shouldn't have to do the agonizing things you were mentioning. At worst case you will have 60 days duplicate transaction downloads. At that point you may want to restore from an 11/14/2021 backup and do the conversion from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect+ again for all accounts. Make sure that you authorize the downloads to Quicken on the Schwab Website security center, and make sure that each set of Quicken credentials downloads unique accounts to Quicken.
  • LS756
    LS756 Member ✭✭
    Just tried to update my accounts through one step update again, and no transactions downloaded. I've deactivated and reinstated more than once and I no longer receive the error message, but I still don't get any transactions. Anyone had any luck getting their issues fixed? If so, please share your secrets. Thanks.
  • nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    Check your Tools-> Account List and see if each account is really getting updated when you think it is. Sometimes it helps to update accounts individually rather than as part of a big OSU for all accounts. Compare the transaction history on the Schwab website vs. the transactions that downloaded and see if any are missing. A successful OSU should take no more than about 30 seconds - if it takes over 2 minutes, then some accounts are timing out without updating.
  • DBM114
    DBM114 Member
    I have corrected most issues with my Schwab accounts, but just realized quotes for options have not been updated since 11/14/21. Has anyone else experienced this issue? How do you correct it?

Has anyone been able to get Schwab Charitable accounts to link to Quicken? If so how do you do it?
  • nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    I updated to 36.48, but Schwab Intelligent Portfolios joint account does not download transactions. My other accounts (joint and separate) have not had any transactions to download since November 24th. The other type of account that causes problems is where two users have both joint viewership of joint accounts and unique-credential viewership of their own IRA accounts. When I try to deactivate/reactivate the unique download of an IRA, Quicken/Schwab knocks offline the download of the joint accounts. If I deactivate/reactivate the joint accounts, it knocks at least one of the IRAs offline. Adjusting (for each user's set of credentials) which accounts are downloadable (@Schwab Website) or downloaded (Quicken online setup) doesn't seem to help. Even when I had them all connected (somehow) transactions weren't downloading for any of them.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
  • nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    The word today (12/8) from Quicken Sarah is that 36.48 is better (if needed) than 37.37:

"I apologize for any confusion. The rollout of R37.37 has been paused for an undetermined amount of time while our teams work to resolve ongoing issues related to the Schwab migration.

At this time, R36.48 is the latest release of Quicken for Windows, however, this release is targeted at resolving the following issues with Charles Schwab accounts:
    Login Errors
    Issues deactivating accounts
    Persistent reconnect prompts
    Issues displaying account balances

If you have already installed R37.37 and do not have any accounts with Charles Schwab experiencing the above issues, you may remain on the R37.37 release and do not need to rollback to the R36.48 version.

Thank you,

Sarah"
  • ajcamma
    ajcamma Member ✭✭
    After 9 days of trying to resolve Downloads issues after the last update my accounts remain an absolute mess! 3-4 hours working with support resolved nothing. Some transactions were downloaded but wiped out 1.5 years of reconciliation. Even after re-reconciling the accounts the latest reconciliation for November wont work. In the same file one Schwab account seems to work but the other 4 do not!
    I've downloaded re installed the latest Quicken (following the instructions of a support tech at least 5 times with no resolution.
    Support is missing in action. And to not have them available on a weekend in the midst of this disaster is unconscionable.
    Quicken says the problem was caused by Schwab -but then why were downloads from other companies like Fidelity, Prudential, BOA also knocked out. (At least I was able to reestablish downloads with them.)
    I've been using Quicken for 20 years but obviously will have to find another program!! (Any suggestions re a better program to switch to?
  • nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    @ajcamma Maybe you should try the method at the end of this thread with version 36.48 for Windows:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20222828#Comment_20222828
    You might need to start with a backup QDF file from about November 15, 2021.
  • llewando
    llewando Member ✭✭
    WOW! After spending 5-6 hours correcting my Schwab accounts on Monday and working with a Quicken support person, just a few days later (Friday) my accounts are a mess. The Quicken support person indicated that they see the problem but it would take a couple of days to correct. I was using version R37.37. I have not seen any further versions and my accounts are all messed up again. The downloads are not updating transactions that have occurred and adding subtracting transactions, including adding equities that have not occurred in my Schwab accounts. I am very frustrated in figuring out how I am going to straighten this out now. I have even resorted to doing the Schwab downloads separate from my other banking and investment accounts. I guess my best option is shut off the downloads to my Quicken/Schwab accounts and do those manually. That is going to be an big issue as I have 9 accouhnts and there are transactions daily. The Quicken support person said that I would get an email when they figured out the problem but thus far, I have not heard From Quicken. It would be great if Quicken would put out a notice, at least weekly, on where they are on resolving this issue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    llewando said:
    I was using version R37.37. I have not seen any further versions and my accounts are all messed up again. 
    Based on these announcements I think anyone using Schwab should be on 36.48 not 37.37.
    Note I don't think this will "fix the problems", but is it what is currently being recommended for Schwab users.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7901682/windows-r37-xx-release-us#latest
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899697/windows-r36-xx-release-us#latest
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • 36.48 is working for me with Schwab with my two investment accounts. I am now able to connect and update my Quicken accounts.

Quicken Classic Business & Personal for Windows. User since 1991.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    As of today R36.54 is the latest version.  Yet another release for The Charles Schwab problems.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • llewando
    llewando Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the info on R36.48. I did reinstall Quicken using R36.48 and when it brought Quicken back up it stated there was an update R.36.52, so I installed that as well. I still have one Schwab account that will not activate but everything else seems to be working OK. Probably need a few more days to see if the transactions download correctly. Is it safe to do a Validate? I'm a bit worried if I try that.
  • nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    I did a bunch of super-validates on a complex setup in the past week and had no problems.
  • llewando
    llewando Member ✭✭
    I don't knowif I am the only one having major issues with the Schwab downloads? But transactions are not being downloaded and I still can't get to one account that the Schwab Tech person says that there isn't reason on their end that the account shoud be downloading. I still have not heard from Quicken on an open ticket 9041990 from 12/6/2021 that the rep told me someone from Quicken would be contacting me when it was resolved. Some transactions are being downloaded but not many. Very frustrated at this point. HELP!!!
  • rl.wetzel
    rl.wetzel Member ✭✭
    Maybe not downloading isn't so bad. I get the Schwab accounts to download but today all transactions came in as deposits or withdrawals rather than the actual investment activity. Might as well revert to manual entry rather than rely on Quicken and/or Schwab.
  • llewando
    llewando Member ✭✭
    I would agree. I think I am going to stop all Schwab downloads until I hear that everything has been resolved. My accounts are so messed up that I don't know how I can straighten them out. I'll have to pick a point in time to get everything to balance ( thank God that I print off my Schwab account positions weekly) and use that info to keep my Quicken Schwab accounts updated. But that is going to be a lot of work.
  • nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    Downloads for Windows version R36.54 are working fairly well for my 6 account/3 user/1LPOA account setup. I notice that sometimes the OSU requires 160 seconds, but there are no error messages and I see in the account list that all accounts actually got updated. Share balance changes are delayed at least 12 hours, so if auto-reinvest dividends occur, the increase in share balances may be less than shown on the Schwab website for at least 12 hours. Just wait.

For me the key to getting downloads actually working was to re-add (not just re-activate) the accounts, although "add" is really a misnomer - you are really just re-connecting the Quicken/Schwab server with the account you already have in your Quicken file: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20222828#Comment_20222828

At least in my case, with 23 years of data, there was never a need to create truly new accounts, delete duplicate transactions, move transactions, or re-classify transactions to fix this mess. So far...
This discussion has been closed.