"Other" as a category?

I use Quicken (Starter Edition) for Windows but the online version exclusively. Anyone know why there is a "Other" category when looking at the spending pie chart, yet when I go to the Categories under Settings there is no "Other" category listed? I do not want any expenses in a "other" category.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be all the expenses that aren't in the main spending pie sections.   Can you click on that wedge and see the items?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• TonyJ
    TonyJ Member
    You are correct... They are not in the main spending pie section (Why I don't know?). I can click on the "Other" wedge and 9 sub categories are displayed (including another "other")
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The OTHER section in Quicken on the Web encompasses all the other expenses that aren't in the "pie slices".  The cloud based apps limit the number of pie slices for readability.  

And just as an aside, Quicken on the Web or Quicken Mobile aren't intended to be used as "exclusive" apps.  They are "companion" apps to the desktop...and it would be prudent for you to use your Quicken Starter Edition every few days and sync your cloud data back to your desktop version.  
  • TonyJ
    TonyJ Member
    Thanks... I thought that might be the issue.
This discussion has been closed.