Capital One - deactivating then reactivating downloads creates new account instead

Indigo
Indigo Member ✭✭✭
I thought I would try deactivating my Capital One credit card, then reactivating downloads. Instead of reactivating, Quicken creates a new credit card account. I am not given the option to link those downloads to my existing account in Quicken.

Comments

• johncrva
    johncrva Member ✭✭
    Make sure you completely deactivate the old one from online services or it will think the account is still there.

Good luck
  • Indigo
    Indigo Member ✭✭✭
    I don't know what you mean by "completely deactivate". I did deactivate, and the only option shown to me is to activate.
  • @Indigo,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to report the issues that you are having, though I apologize for the delayed response. 

You would deactivate the account as you mentioned having done. (Tools>Account List>Edit>Online Services) Then in that same box, click on the General tab. Once there you can go ahead and erase the account number and financial institution out of those fields. Click Ok and then click Add Account in the bottom right corner of the Account List window. Follow the prompts like you are adding a brand new account with Capital One. Of the available instances for Capital One, people are most successful with Capital One Card Services it seems, but you can try any and all of them. When Quicken finds the account, be sure to LINK it to the existing account

Do let us know if this resolves your issue. Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Indigo
    Indigo Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, this did work for me. Previously I had not taken the additional step of erasing my account number and financial institution. One thing, Capital One Card Services gave me the message, "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Capital One - Credit Cards (Monthly Statements), so I tried Capital One Card - Current, and that worked. Thank you!
  • @Indigo,

So happy to hear that! Thank you for letting us know!

Quicken Alyssa

• Indigo
    Indigo Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, this did work for me. Previously I had not taken the additional step of erasing my account number and financial institution. One thing, Capital One Card Services gave me the message, "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Capital One - Credit Cards (Monthly Statements), so I tried Capital One Card - Current, and that worked. Thank you!
  • triple.vee
    triple.vee Member ✭✭
    I can't blank out Financial Institution under the General Tab. The text "Capital One 360" is not editable.
  • triple.vee
    triple.vee Member ✭✭
    > @"triple.vee" said:
    > I can't blank out Financial Institution under the General Tab. The text "Capital One 360" is not editable.

ok, it didn't seem to matter. your instructions worked. you should fix the deactivate/activate in the Edit Account flow.
This discussion has been closed.