Citibank / Citicards not downloading

tamashi
tamashi Member ✭✭
Started happening a couple of weeks ago. Any Citibank Credit cards won't download and continue to get an error (Windows or Mac). This happens with two different Citibank logins that I have. (me and wife's).

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you are connecting via Quicken Connect/Express Web Connect, switch to Direct Connect. Will likely solve the issue.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • rakeshg
    rakeshg Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I have the same issue. When I try and set up the connection, I can see only my banking accounts and not the credit cards. Direct Connect is not offered as an option. Using Quicken Mac latest version.

UPDATE: I was able to reconnect the credit cards accounts. Not sure of what steps I followed but at some point, the credit card accounts lost the connection information. When I connected JUST the single credit card account, Quicken wanted me to "add" all my Citibank accounts. In this process, I was able to just relink the accounts. However, I had done the same thing a few days ago and periodically, Quicken seems to not be able to recognize credit card accounts?
  • RickO
    There have been many reports lately of failed updates with Citi Cards using Quicken Connect. You should (and can) change to Direct Connect (it's kind of hidden). In Account Settings > Downloads, click the Change Connection Type button. In the pane that comes up, make sure you're using "Citi Cards", not "Citibank" as the bank selection. Then click the Options button (even though it appears grayed out). You will see the option there for Direct Connect. This applies to Citi credit card account, not other account types.

• Jim Y.
    Jim Y. Member ✭✭
    I am having the exact same issue with Citibank accounts and credit card too. About a week and a half or more it's been broken, during One Step Update.
  • RickO
    Jim Y. said:
    I am having the exact same issue with Citibank accounts and credit card too. About a week and a half or more it's been broken, during One Step Update.
    Since you refer to One Step Update, I'm assuming you're using QWin. This is a QMac thread. You may want to try searching/posting it the QWin side of the forum. That said, if you can change from Express Web Connect to Direct Connect, it will probably fix it. As a Mac-only user, I can't help you do that in QWin.
  • Geri Price
    Geri Price Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem with my Citibank credit cards. It was fixed yesterday after a 1 hour+ call with Quicken support during which we copied my entire Quicken file twice. Now today I'm getting CC-501 error code again.
  • RickO
    @Geri Price Did you switch it to Direct Connect as described above?
  • Mike I.
    Mike I. Member ✭✭
    > @RickO said:
    > There have been many reports lately of failed updates with Citi Cards using Quicken Connect. You should (and can) change to Direct Connect (it's kind of hidden). In Account Settings > Downloads, click the Change Connection Type button. In the pane that comes up, make sure you're using "Citi Cards", not "Citibank" as the bank selection. Then click the Options button (even though it appears grayed out). You will see the option there for Direct Connect. This applies to Citi credit card account, not other account types.

Thank You!
    this solved the problem 100%. I wonder how to update the long running Quicken thread with this solution.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898164/citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-502-102#

To 'clean up' my register, I turned on Column FITID, you can then see how to delete potential duplicates that way.
  • RickO
    Mike, I've asked the moderators to take a look at this.
  • Geri Price
    Geri Price Member ✭✭
    I called Quicken support a second time and he was able to get my Citi accounts downloading again. So far so good. He did not change it to Direct Connect.
  • RickO
    @Geri Price I'd still suggest switching over to Direct Connect to avoid issues in the future. I see no reason not to. It's free and just better overall.
  • Geri Price
    Geri Price Member ✭✭
    I will try it if it acts up in the future. By the way, I don't see these options in my Quicken: Account Settings > Downloads, click the Change Connection Type button
    Do I need to Reset Account in order to see these options?
  • msrw08
    msrw08 Member ✭✭
    Just to add to this discussion that I don't think Quicken Direct Connect is available to folks who only have a Citi credit card but NOT a bank account.
  • RickO
    msrw08 said:
    Just to add to this discussion that I don't think Quicken Direct Connect is available to folks who only have a Citi credit card but NOT a bank account.
    It absolutely is available and it is free. Use FI Name "Citi Cards". I've been using it for years.
  • RickO
    I will try it if it acts up in the future. By the way, I don't see these options in my Quicken: Account Settings > Downloads, click the Change Connection Type button
    Do I need to Reset Account in order to see these options?
    No, you don't need to use the Reset Account option. The trick is to click the Options button (even though it appears to be grayed out):

This discussion has been closed.