Only two of my Schwab accounts show up when downloading to Quicken for Mac

AnnaM
AnnaM Member
Since the new download procedure with Schwab, I can no longer download the transactions from my Donor Advise Fund, IRA or Trust but only from investment and bond fund accounts. No other accounts show up yet they are all under the same user and password for Schwab.

Comments

• mikey
    mikey Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Same here. In fact, mine don't even appear in the list when I try to reauthorize with Schwab. [Removed -Speculation]  My primary accounts are held by an LLC which is beneficially owned by a Trust for which I am the Trustee. I can see all these accounts when I login directly to Schwab's website, but none of them are available for download to Quicken. The only accounts which have successfully migrated to the new platform are those which are outright held in my name -- e.g. IRA, etc. I have my advisory firm working the problem but am not hopeful. [Removed - Disruptive]  One day I can download all my accounts, the next day not with zero warning.

It was this article that tipped me off to Schwab creating this problem. Look at the section titled, "What if my Schwab accounts aren't all available for reauthorization".

https://www.quicken.com/support/errors-when-updating-or-adding-charles-schwab-accounts
  • John Prewitt
    John Prewitt Member ✭✭✭
    I got hold of someone at Charles Schwab who has answers for this issue. It appears that some account types such as business accounts lack the Eligibility to Share Account Data with a Third-Party. Within the next month Schwab will be rolling out enhancements that will allow clients to re-link these accounts.
  • mikey
    mikey Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    same info I got thru my RIA who has b2b contacts and more leverage with schwab given the $s held by their client accts. i'm a bit suspicious of the ETA for a fix and debating whether to return to Fidelity. Feels like this is gonna just be a slow steady ride down. [Removed - Rant/Language]
  • AnnaM
    AnnaM Member
    Yes, it seems that only accounts in our name and our Foundation account can be linked. The Donor Advised Fund, a separate trust account not in our name, LLC and an IRA just in my husband's name cannot be linked. This is very frustrating especially at year end : (
  • hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta
    I'm having a similar but different issue. My Schwab bank account (which is in my Trust's name) DOES link to Quicken, but my 4 other accounts - 2 brokerage in the Trust's name, and 2 IRA's in my personal name - do not link to Quicken.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2021
    Hi @AnnaM ,

Thank you for contacting the community with this issue, I am sorry that you are experiencing this.
    Donor advised accounts will not be included for download, Schwab no longer supports these accounts for use in Quicken. As for the other accounts, I suggest going to the Charles Schwab website and making sure that you have enabled third-party access, this will then show which accounts you can authorize for use in the Quicken application. The accounts you see listed there are the only ones you will be able to connect in Quicken.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    > @hurwi said:
    > I'm having a similar but different issue. My Schwab bank account (which is in my Trust's name) DOES link to Quicken, but my 4 other accounts - 2 brokerage in the Trust's name, and 2 IRA's in my personal name - do not link to Quicken.

Hello @hurwi,

Are you still experiencing this issue? What happens when you try to link the two brokerage and two IRA accounts? I was wondering if you notice the OSU revolving when you try, or if you see any error messages. We are working to get these issues resolved as quickly as we can.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken Jared I cannot try to link the brokerage/ira accounts as they do not show in Quicken as available for linking. The only account which shows as available for linking is a checking account.
  • pecopie
    pecopie Member ✭✭
    all my schwab accounts download fine except donor advised fund account. Would be nice to hear something from Quicken or Schwab about this.
This discussion has been closed.