One Step Update is broken (passwords missing)

dave344
dave344 Member ✭✭✭
One Step Update was working fine until this morning. I tied to do an update and the "One Step Update Setting" dialog prompted me to input passwords for all 9 accounts. Previously these passwords were stored in Quicken vault and I was never prompted for them. But today I manually re-entered them and attempted to update but then got a message that I still needed to input passwords for some of the accounts. Even though I had input a password into the textbox for each account in the dialog box prompt, it still said: "To continue enter passwords for the following institutions" every time I hit "Apply." As a result, I cannot perform an update of all accounts.

I can successfully do an update of one of the individual accounts that was not flagged as missing a password. However, the update is performed as if it is a firsttime update for a new account, i.e., it goes back many months to retrieve hundreds of transactions that have already been downloaded into Quicken.

I assume this all has something to do with the R36.54 update that automatically implemented this morning. Is there a fix?

I am using Quicken Premier version R36.54 v 27.1.36.54 on Windows 10.

Comments

• dave344
    dave344 Member ✭✭✭
    Here is an image that better illustrates the problem. As you can see, I am being prompted to input passwords for two accounts for which I have clearly already entered passwords. However, Quicken fails to recognize my inputs and will not let me proceed with either the "Apply" or the "Update" options.
  • dave344
    dave344 Member ✭✭✭
    The problem was partially resolved by deactivating and reactivating the Online Services for each account. However, some transactions from yesterday are missing and I have 3 accounts that are reporting a OL-362-A error ("Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in you Quicken data file.") These OL-362-A errors persist even after deactivating and reactivating the affected accounts. Some of the posts on this forum indicate the OL-362-A errors will resolve on their own, usually within 24 hours.

So I am hopeful the problem will be resolved by tomorrow. But I am curious if others experienced a problem with their Updates after this morning's upgrade. Or whether the problem was unique to me.
  • catdancer103
    catdancer103 Member ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue with passwords.  Only two of my accounts update, and brought in entries for the entire year (a MESS!), which I can delete, but if it's just going to happen again, I'll wait until it's fixed.  Kind of important to have year end accuracy for decision making.  Did you ever find a solution?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    dave344 said:
    The problem was partially resolved by deactivating and reactivating the Online Services for each account. However, some transactions from yesterday are missing and I have 3 accounts that are reporting a OL-362-A error ("Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in you Quicken data file.") These OL-362-A errors persist even after deactivating and reactivating the affected accounts. Some of the posts on this forum indicate the OL-362-A errors will resolve on their own, usually within 24 hours.

So I am hopeful the problem will be resolved by tomorrow. But I am curious if others experienced a problem with their Updates after this morning's upgrade. Or whether the problem was unique to me.
    Hello dave344,

I know that the OL-362 error message can be distressing, but it sounds as though the transactions are appearing normally, is that correct? I also was wondering whether or not you had accepted the transactions when deactivating online services.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.