Why are the register formats different?

wimplister
wimplister Member ✭✭
There has been a recent change in the registers for investment accounts. A column has been added on the left of the register which indicates when/how the transaction was added. However, that is not the case for IRA accounts? Why the difference?
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What word or icon is in the Header row for that column ... because I'm not sure that I understanding what you're saying.
    Also, if you could take a screenshot of those headers it would be helpful.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the Status (blue dot) column.

This isn't an IRA/non IRA difference.  The difference is if automatic transaction entry mode is on or off for that account.

When it is off you don't get that column, and you get a Downloaded Transactions tab.  The reverse is true when you have automatic transaction entry mode on.

Check your global preference to make sure it is how you want it.

And in the Account Details -> Online Services tab to make sure the global preference isn't overridden.

Note this isn't new.  The one thing that is new is these preferences to hide columns.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • wimplister
    wimplister Member ✭✭
    See attached. The Blue Dot column is new. If you hover over the blue dot on a transaction, it shows when and how that transaction was added.
  • wimplister
    wimplister Member ✭✭
    Chris_QPW: Thanks, you are correct. Turning off automatic entry changes the format. However, in the Investment transactions preference, I have no option labeled "Register Columns to Hide".
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
     I have no option labeled "Register Columns to Hide".
    It is in a new patch that you might not have gotten yet.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.