Please Post Updated Step by Step Instructions Reconnecting Account to Schwab

jaab
jaab Member
Attention Quicken Administrators: Can someone please post updated EXACT step by step instructions on how we are suppose to RECONNECT our accounts for "Downloading Transaction" from Schwab after the upgrade to QUICKEN CONNECT. For example: Which option should we pick to reconnect a Traditional IRA?
Schwab-Equity
Schwab & Co Inc.
Schwab 529 Plan
Schwab 529-
Schwab Bank Investor C
Schwab Bank-Web Connect
Schwab Bank-Credit Card
Schwab Bank Mortgage
Schwab IRA (WHICH DOES NOT CONNECT TO ANYTHING)

Any help with this frustrating situation that has lasted so far 1 1/2 months would be appreciated. By the way.. the Administrator fix to disconnect and and reconnect the download in settings to fix the the situation is terrible. All it does it disconnect the accounts permanently. I have not been able to reconnect a single account again.

Comments

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @jaab

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question. I apologize for all of the trouble this issue has caused you. Here is a detailed guide - Hopefully this helps! 

First, we will need to disconnect your Schwab account(s). If this has been done already, we will Link your Schwab accounts.

We should be connecting to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. 

1. Navigate to the Plus (+) sign in the upper lefthand corner of Quicken and select the type of account you are trying to add (or navigate to Accounts > New > Account Type.) It will now bring up the Bank List. 
    2. Find Charles Schwab & Co., Inc (pictured in the first attached screenshot) in the bank list and then press continue. It should bring you to a Schwab sign-in and authorization window (pictured in the second attached screenshot). 
    3. Put in your credentials and follow the prompts to authorize access and link your accounts.

Note: Make sure that when your account(s) does/do pull up, that you LINK them instead of ADD, otherwise you’ll end up with duplicate accounts.

If you do not see that authorization page and instead get a pop-up box with the options Cancel and Learn More when you attempt to connect, it means that your dataset still needs to be migrated to our new financial data aggregator, FDP to be able to connect your Schwab accounts.

USE THIS SECTION ONLY IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE CORRECT SIGN-IN/AUTHORIZATION PAGE

If you’re receiving the Cancel/Learn More pop-up box when attempting to connect with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc, this is how we will migrate your dataset from FDS to FDP - however before we get right to it, I do want to inform you that before you take this step, I strongly advise that you save a backup. (File > Save a Backup) 

You should also know that this step will disconnect all of your accounts that are on a Quicken Connect connection and you will need to sign back into them to continue downloads. However, your dataset will be migrated to FDP and you will be able to successfully connect with Charles Schwab and Co., Inc.

To do this, we are going to Reset Account Connections.

1. Holding the Option (Alt) key on your keyboard, press the Help button in the menu bar.

2. The help menu should pop up, but this time with an additional option at the bottom labeled Troubleshooting.

3. Hover over Troubleshooting and you will see three options. Please select the option that says Reset Account Connections.

4. This will prompt a pop-up asking if you would like to Reset your Account Connections. Please confirm this by pressing Reset Account Connections.

5. This process may take a few minutes so please be patient.

6. After the pop-up disappears on its own indicating that it has finished with its process, we are done and you may proceed with reconnecting your accounts.

After this reset, your dataset will have been migrated to FDP and you will be able to connect with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc and you will see the (attached) sign-in page.

At this point, you may link your Schwab accounts:

1. Please navigate to the Plus (+) sign in the upper lefthand corner of Quicken and select the type of account you are trying to add (or navigate to Accounts > New > Account Type.) It will now bring up the Bank List. 
    2. Find Charles Schwab & Co., Inc (pictured in the first attached screenshot) in the bank list and then press continue. It should bring you to a Schwab sign-in and authorization window (pictured in the second attached screenshot). 
    3. Put in your credentials and follow the prompts to authorize access and link your accounts.
    Note: Again, please make sure that when your account(s) does/do pull up, that you LINK them instead of ADD, otherwise you’ll end up with duplicate accounts.

If you have any further questions or if this guide does not help you, please reach back out and we will assist you further. Thank you!

-Quicken September

CHARLES SCHWAB & CO., INC IN THE BANK LIST

SCHWAB SIGN-IN/AUTHORIZATION PAGE

• Reinder
    Reinder Member ✭✭
    Also, after all this, nothing was downloaded, nor were there errors. I “changed user” of quicken cloud (edit-preferences-quicken ID) to myself, and things started working.
  • jaab
    jaab Member
    The second step.. Migrating the dataset to "our new financial data aggregator, FDP to be able to connect your Schwab accounts" worked for me!! Please post this fix on the main thread https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900567 to help as many as possible! Thank you! Thank you!

:)
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @jaab

Thank you so much for reaching back out to the Community to let us know that this was helpful! I am so glad to hear it and I hope that this guide will continue to help others! I will share it where I can. Thank you!

If you have any further questions or require assistance in the future, please reach back out as we are always happy to help!

-Quicken September
This discussion has been closed.