Savings Goals, and QIF Files

deex2
deex2 Member ✭✭
Does anybody know if Saving Goal information will transfer to a new file using the Export QIF feature or do I have to recreate all new Saving Goal(s)..... info in the new file??

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @deex2,

This is an educated guess because I have never attempted to transfer "Saving Goal information" to a new file.  But I would jump at the chance to guess that  the answer to that question is no.  The reason is that I highly doubt that a .OIF file would ever contain extraneous information such as "savings goals". In my experience, .QIF data is typically historical data.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• deex2
    deex2 Member ✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @deex2,
    >
    > This is an educated guess because I have never attempted to transfer "Saving Goal information" to a new file.  But I would jump at the chance to guess that  the answer to that question is no.  The reason is that I highly doubt that a .OIF file would ever contain extraneous information such as "savings goals". In my experience, .QIF data is typically historical data.
    >
    > Frankx

That is a pain in the butt if so. It would seem that they would or could find a way to include transferring, coping... that info into a new file or just in general. Quicken files, in my experience, seem to frequently be going bad/faulty. There solution create a new file, well i have quite a few savings goals tied to my various accounts so to manually have to recreate these accounts is a HUGE hassle.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried it, and what will happen is the Savings Goal account will be created, but not as a Savings Goal, as an asset account.

QIF predates Savings Goals, and it hasn't been changed in decades.  They have done everything they can not to support QIF files since about 2004.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.