Cannot connect to Vanguard

markrougeux
markrougeux Member ✭✭✭
Since early this month I have been unable to update my Vanguard accounts, nor add a new account. I get a variety of error messages, but the end result is an inability to connect. A bit galling since I was just charged for my 2022 Quicken "membership," yet I have lost functionality. Is there a fix for this or is it a Quicken bug?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Since early this month I have been unable to update my Vanguard accounts, nor add a new account. I get a variety of error messages, but the end result is an inability to connect. A bit galling since I was just charged for my 2022 Quicken "membership," yet I have lost functionality. Is there a fix for this or is it a Quicken bug?
    Hello markrougeux,

I know these kinds of connection issues can be frustrating. A couple of things we can check into would be the specific instance of Vanguard you are using to connect, as well as whether or not third-party access has been enabled from your online profile in Vanguard's website. It is also possible that the connection with the online banking services may be down temporarily, but I am sure that your banking institution is working diligently to resolve the issue if that is the case.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
  • markrougeux
    markrougeux Member ✭✭✭
    Jared I appreciate the quick response, but you have given me non-answer. I've been connecting to Vanguard for years, then all of a sudden, I get various error messages shortly after an update to Quicken. This has been going on for over 2 weeks. There seem to be many other comments of a similar nature regarding other financial institutions. I keep getting the error message: AGGREGATOR IN ERROR (F WEBSITE UNAVAILABLE:FDP-105).
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Jared I appreciate the quick response, but you have given me non-answer. I've been connecting to Vanguard for years, then all of a sudden, I get various error messages shortly after an update to Quicken. This has been going on for over 2 weeks. There seem to be many other comments of a similar nature regarding other financial institutions. I keep getting the error message: AGGREGATOR IN ERROR (F WEBSITE UNAVAILABLE:FDP-105).
    Hello markrougeux,

I definitely will try to be a little more specific, but some information collection is always necessary before any concrete steps to resolution can be given. That said, I know it is frustrating that the connection between Quicken and a given banking institution seems to work normally for so long, only to be interrupted suddenly. Remember that a lot of banks and credit unions are updating security measures and migrating to new servers. We work with thousands of these organizations across the country, so it takes some time to adjust to these new systems. Typically, '105' error codes like the one featured here do simply indicate that the bank's website is currently unavailable for downloads. This is something you may contact Vanguard about in the future for further information, although updates will be available as soon as possible from Quicken.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.