Can Update USAA but can't Sync it to the cloud

Lundwall
Lundwall Member ✭✭
Using Quicken for Windows and I'm up to date. Had to reset my cloud data. Now I can't sync my USAA Checking account to the cloud. It says it is the wrong password. My USAA Checking account updates and downloads transactions just fine if I update accounts from the home screen. So, why does one part of Quicken think my password is fine and another part of Quicken think it isn't?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know this has been broken since the beginning of the year when USAA changed their login process.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Lundwall
    Lundwall Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > As far as I know this has been broken since the beginning of the year when USAA changed their login process.

It was working for me before I had to reset my cloud data. [I only reset the cloud data because my mobile app got all messed up and wouldn't refresh anymore. So, I reset the cloud to force the mobile to refresh.]
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well in that case, you might try logging out and back in to your Quicken data file, it fixes some kinds of problems.

Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different user
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Lundwall
    Lundwall Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Well in that case, you might try logging out and back in to your Quicken data file, it fixes some kinds of problems.
    >
    > Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts -> Sign in as a different user

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.

Interesting as well, this process (resetting the cloud data and resyncing) changed a number of my investment share values. It reduced a lot of them significantly and even turn a number of them into negative share quantity values. A lot of cleanup to do.
  • Lundwall
    Lundwall Member ✭✭
    Tried the suggestion above. After it reset all of my data and downloaded everything again, all of my accounts were off by thousands and thousands of dollars. I reverted to a backup file. I tied changing the connection method of USAA Checking - also resulted in incorrect dollar amounts of all accounts even ones not associated with USAA. Reverted to a back up file again. USAA would not connect in the regular account update and all of my investments share balances were lowered significantly. Reverted to back up file again. This time USAA updated properly but all the investments are still off.

Status: Banking account balances are right. Investment balances are totally off as compared to the brokerage website even after it supposedly updated. USAA Checking still isn't syncing to the cloud. And I've lost the last 5 hours of my life.

Quicken is messed up. There has to be a better solution.
This discussion has been closed.