New computer - will H&B 2010 work?

MSpyke
MSpyke Member
edited January 2022 in Before you Buy
I am purchasing a new computer with Windows 11. I use Home & Business 2010 and have the disc. I do not use any online features. Will I be able to load H&B 2010 on my new computer without “upgrading” to the annual subscription format?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    We users don't know for sure.  No one has reported back their results from doing so yet.  Since it is a new computer, there is nothing to lose by trying.  Be sure to run the latest patch from this link, Quicken Patches , after you do the install.
    Please respond back with your results.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    We users don't know for sure.  No one has reported back their results from doing so yet.  Since it is a new computer, there is nothing to lose by trying.  Be sure to run the latest patch from this link, Quicken Patches , after you do the install.
    Please respond back with your results.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• MSpyke
    MSpyke Member
    Thank you for the response. I'll get the computer this week and will give it a whirl before I buy a new program.
  • MSpyke
    MSpyke Member
    Success!!!! I had to order an external DVD for my new computer (with Windows 11) and it finally arrived. I got my Quicken 2010 disc out and everything worked like a dream. My computer had to install something other than the CD first but it loaded and opened a file I had pulled off of my old computer that I had saved to an SD card. Just in case others are wondering.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you get it updated with the patch from the link above?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• MSpyke
    MSpyke Member
    I haven't yet but did save the link..
This discussion has been closed.