Program Fonts

badgerbill1
badgerbill1 Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Reports (Windows)
The fonts on the home screen are a light gray and a light blue. This is also true for the budget screen and some reports. Thet are not very legible. The bank registers and some reports are in bold black fonts. I have reported this to tech support many times but the programmers have not implemented an upgrade. I don't understand why this should be so difficult to correct. Anyone else have this issue and how can we get Quicken to improve all the fonts on those screens and reports?

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @badgerbill1

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, although we apologize you are having this issue. While the color for the fonts is not adjustable per se, what you can do is change the font style and select to have it bolded. This may help in the meantime. 

To do this select Edit >Preferences >Register >Fonts. On the pop-up window select your font of choice and check the box "Bold" towards the bottom. A visual example is below. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you come across any errors or have other questions. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • badgerbill1
    badgerbill1 Member ✭✭
    The font issue is not with the registers. It is with the Home page/screen, the Budget page/screen and the Portfolio View page/screen and some reports. I don't understand why they don't have the same bold fonts as the registers. It seems to me that it is a program issue . I don't have the option to correct those as you gave me under edit and preferences for the register fonts. Your tech support dept. has passed on my complaint and suggestion to your programmers for several years. The issue has not been corrected and I don't understand why it hasn't been improved. No one has told me that it can't be done. May I have a further explanation? Thank You for your consideration of this important improvement that is needed in Quicken.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been several suggestions along these lines; you might want to review, comment, and vote on this one
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20199818
    QWin Premier subscription
  • badgerbill1
    badgerbill1 Member ✭✭
    I agree with the suggestions from 2018 but Quicken has not made the improvements. All they need to do is make the same fonts available as in the registers.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @badgerbill1

Thank you for your response. You are correct since my suggestion was pertaining to the fonts in the register. I do not have a further explanation as to why this has not been addressed yet. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. If you have not already please consider casting your vote in the idea post linked by Jim_Harman. 

If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your tech support dept. has passed on my complaint and suggestion to your programmers for several years. The issue has not been corrected and I don't understand why it hasn't been improved. No one has told me that it can't be done. May I have a further explanation?
    I do not have a further explanation as to why this has not been addressed yet.

Let me take a guess. Quicken's display code is old and brittle. It was written for certain chosen fonts. Fonts affect the geometry of their containers. If you change a font size, an entire screen region - and perhaps the entire window - has to adjust to accommodate that. The code is just not flexible enough to accomplish this without major rewrite. Sorry to be the first to tell you "it can't be done."

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• badgerbill1
    badgerbill1 Member ✭✭
    The font size does not have to be changed. It's the colors that are light gray and light blue. They have bold black in the registers and some reports. So it can be done as they have the code for those pages/screens. Just use bold black and blue in the entire program. I am not a tech expert but it sure seems doable to me. " Word', email and most web sites use bold fonts.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Even changing all the fonts from normal to bold changes the layout of the windows/controls.  How much?  Hard to say without them trying it.  Bold is done by increasing the number of dots used for ever character.
    black
    black

Changing the color wouldn’t change the layout it they can find the right color.

What would probably be better is if they would finally implement dark mode.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • badgerbill1
    badgerbill1 Member ✭✭
    Yes! It doesn't have to be all bold, just the basic black rather than gray.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Yes! It doesn't have to be all bold, just the basic black rather than gray.
    That should be something that is relatively easy to do.  Why they tend to favor the gray I have no idea.

EDIT: Actually, maybe a screenshot of what you want change is in order, because the more I look at mine there really isn't a lot of it that is in gray.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.