USAA Credit Card Reconciliation Undone Three Months Back; Payments Missing from Checking Account

Options
twmartinv
twmartinv Member ✭✭
About three days ago, the credit union checking account balance in my hand written ledger no longer matched the amount in Quicken. Just the day before they matched. There were no new transactions for that account between those two days. I checked the unreconciled transactions in both accounts, and all looked in order.

Then I looked at my USAA credit card account on Quicken. Going back to September, transactions that had been reconciled were now shown as "c", not "R", except for about seven transactions over that three month period, which were still "R". I looked closer, and noticed that the payments for the October, November, December, and January credit card bills were no longer recorded in the ledger of my Quicken credit union checking account.

I tried to go back and re-reconcile those four months of credit card statements, but I could never make it work. The amount of cleared transactions, which matched those on the bill, did not match the roll up on the reconciliation window. The roll up was much less, so the net was a negative number, not the 0 I would expect.

Help!

Thanks,

- Tom

Comments

• twmartinv
    twmartinv Member ✭✭
    Options
    As a follow on, I looked closer at my Quicken USAA credit card ledger. During the four month window that reconciliations disappeared, the categories for two payees also disappeared: Trader Joe's (4 transactions) and Target (2 transactions). Their category field is now blank. I know I included categories for each when I originally entered those transactions.
  • twmartinv
    twmartinv Member ✭✭
    Options
    As a further follow on, those transactions with now blank category fields are not reported on the home page Total Spending window as uncategorized. It's as if Quicken sees them as categorized, but is no longer letting me see them as such.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twmartinv said:
    About three days ago, the credit union checking account balance in my hand written ledger no longer matched the amount in Quicken. Just the day before they matched. There were no new transactions for that account between those two days. I checked the unreconciled transactions in both accounts, and all looked in order.

Then I looked at my USAA credit card account on Quicken. Going back to September, transactions that had been reconciled were now shown as "c", not "R", except for about seven transactions over that three month period, which were still "R". I looked closer, and noticed that the payments for the October, November, December, and January credit card bills were no longer recorded in the ledger of my Quicken credit union checking account.

I tried to go back and re-reconcile those four months of credit card statements, but I could never make it work. The amount of cleared transactions, which matched those on the bill, did not match the roll up on the reconciliation window. The roll up was much less, so the net was a negative number, not the 0 I would expect.

Help!

Thanks,

- Tom
    Hello Tom,

I am sorry to hear about the problems with the reconciled accounts you are now experiencing. Thank you, nonetheless, for bringing this matter to the attention of those of us here on the Quicken Community. 

Would it be at all possible to restore a backup from just prior to the 17th of December, or perhaps earlier? Also, do you know where you are opening the file from? Is it being opened from cloud storage or an external drive? 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.