Schwab Download Fiasco (Ongoing for weeks)

I've been dealing with the Schwab download transition for weeks now. I won't bore you with the details of the DOZENS of hours I have spent troubleshooting my Quicken file -- which used to work perfectly. VERY long story short -- I've finally figured out how to get my multiple Schwab accounts to download to Quicken properly. Now that Schwab works, it monkey wrenches my connection to accounts at other financial institutions (Vanguard, Fidelity and Columbia Threadneedle, to be specific). Now that the Schwab problem has been fixed, I can get some accounts at the other institutions to download -- but never all of them. [Removed-Disruptive/Speculation]

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Comments

• nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    No - all my Schwab, Fidelity, E*TRADE, and Vanguard accounts are balanced vs. online balances.
  • synchro9898
    synchro9898 Member ✭✭
    @RYoule80439

Is there anything you can share as to what finally made a difference to get it to work? I am still unable to even get Quicken to recognize my accounts at Schwab.
  • Steven Green
    Steven Green Member ✭✭
    After manually checking/verifying/deleting/editing literally thousands of duplicated transactions downloaded to 7 Schwab accounts in two data files, I am now at the point where the downloads themselves can work although the mis-characterization and hence erroneous and unreconciled cash balances on accounts related to mutual fund reinvestments of capital gains is still not working. What I do is first the normal "Update Now" that works for all my accounts except Schwab's recent transactions do not show up at all. Then I go to the "Online Center" under the "Tools" tab's dropdown menu and update only Schwab there. All my Schwab transactions since my last download show up in all accounts. Windows 10; Quicken Premier, R36.56 (it also worked on R36.54 but not R36.48 and especially NOT R37.37 that introduced a host of new errors).
  • bthrock
    bthrock Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2021

I am now at the point where the downloads themselves can work although the mis-characterization and hence erroneous and unreconciled cash balances on accounts related to mutual fund reinvestments of capital gains is still not working.
    ^This
    The data downloaded by Quicken on Friday 12/17 was an absolute mess and required me to review and either delete or revise every single mutual fund transaction Quicken recorded, then log onto my Schwab accounts separately to confirm that all the transactions and balances were now correct. As this involved two users, three separate accounts, and nine mutual funds, it was an absurdly time-consuming process.

tl;dr  The Schwab connection is still badly broken. 
This discussion has been closed.