I cant seem to be able to import a QFX file from my credit card website.

Options
Rossde
Rossde Member ✭✭
I am working on credit card transactions. I have a gap from March to august that never was imported. I went back to the credit card website and prepared a qfx file for import The import process shows that there are 347 transactions but it doesn't get added to my file. I cant figure out what is going on. I have the latest quicken for mac update.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    What bank is this? When you start the import process, does it offer to import to an existing account or create a new account? If you have the option to create a new account, go ahead and do that. If the transaction import successfully, then go to that new account, select all transactions, then drag and drop them en mass to the existing account in the sidebar. You can then delete the (now empty) new account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Rossde
    Rossde Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is a capital one account. I dont get any offer to pick or choose the account. I did create a new account and tried the import again and the same thing happens. I get A brief view of the 347 transactions and then it stops.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I think you're going to need to contact Quicken Support so they can screen share and view what's happening live. My only other thought is to try to download a small batch of transactions in a QFX from the bank and see if that works. I'm not aware of a limit on the number of transactions, but perhaps the large number is causing a problem. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.