Option to Use Pop-up Register is not found?

Brad$G
Brad$G Member ✭✭
I found a thread from April 2020 explaining how to view multiple different registers at once, and the answer provided by Sherlock was to use View->Use Pop-up Register. I don't see that option under the View menu and wondered if that capability still exists? Why would I not be seeing that option?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Edit > Preferences > Register is how I usually get there.
    Note this option, as well as View > Use Pop-up Registers, will be unavailable if you have chosen to open Quicken to any register. You must first go to Preferences > Startup and choose a startup page which is not a register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Edit > Preferences > Register is how I usually get there.
    Note this option, as well as View > Use Pop-up Registers, will be unavailable if you have chosen to open Quicken to any register. You must first go to Preferences > Startup and choose a startup page which is not a register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Brad$G
    Brad$G Member ✭✭
    That was easy! Thanks for the quick response! :)
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Rocket J Squirrel - Thank you. I could not find this in the Quicken Help file for Pop-up registers.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Look here:

Or here:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it was this part that I couldn't find in the help file:  "Use Pop-up Registers, will be unavailable if you have chosen to open Quicken to any register. You must first go to Preferences > Startup and choose a startup page which is not a register."

After I did that, pop-up registers were selectable again. They were before, but I do recall a while back setting to open a register when starting Quicken.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• Rocket J Squirrel
    imdcareys said:
    Yeah, it was this part that I couldn't find in the help file:  "Use Pop-up Registers, will be unavailable if you have chosen to open Quicken to any register. You must first go to Preferences > Startup and choose a startup page which is not a register."
    I don't believe it's in the Help. It's also not obvious from the Preference settings. The only clue is that if you have Q set to open to a register, the option to use pop-ups is disabled. You are left to your own devices to figure out the interaction between the two settings which are on different tabs in Preferences with no relationship made explicit.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I agree it isn't in the help and it is something I keep having to "relearn" over and over, over the years.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.