Error trying to add Securian (Minnesota Life) account

sswriter
sswriter Member ✭✭
There was a problem during communication with our servers:
Can't setup 'Securian Financial (Investments, Annuities and Insurance)'

OK (DISCOVERED_ACCOUNTS_READY_FOR_USER)

I can send the detailed error info if requested.

Comments

• Hi @sswriter,

Thank you for reaching out to the community with this issue, I am sorry that you are experiencing this. 

Could you please let us know what connection method you are using when trying to connect the account?

Also, if you could please send your information logs so we can further investigate the error that you are receiving that would be much appreciated. You can do this by clicking help>report a problem. 

Please let us know once you have sent your logs. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• sswriter
    sswriter Member ✭✭
    I sent the error information directly from Quicken, so you should have it. I'm not sure what you mean by "connection method." I click Accounts --> New --> Investments --> Other -- Then I select "Securian Financial (Investments,..) - Minnesota Life". I enter the user ID and password and click the button to connect. There are no options to select a connection method.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sswriter Please do TOOLS, Account List.  The info that @Quicken Jasmine  is requesting is in the "Transaction Download" column.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• sswriter
    sswriter Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA - Quicken MAC does not have TOOLS. Also, because I'm unable to set up the new account it won't be in any list. I'm not finding "Transaction Download" anywhere.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    sswriter said:
    @NotACPA - Quicken MAC does not have TOOLS. Also, because I'm unable to set up the new account it won't be in any list. I'm not finding "Transaction Download" anywhere.
    Hello sswriter,

I believe Jasmine is referring to the Connection Type, which can also be called the 'Connection Method.' We are wondering whether you are using Quicken Connect, Web Connect, or Direct Connect in order to work through your bank's online services.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • sswriter
    sswriter Member ✭✭
    Here's how it looks to add an account: (no options for method)
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @sswriter

Thank you for getting back to us with the update, though I am sorry you are still experiencing this error. 

You may check the Connection Method that @Quicken Jasmine mentioned by selecting Options directly to the left of the Continue button in the bank list. (Accounts > New > Investments > Other > Financial Institution > Options) We have received your logs. 

OK (DISCOVERED_ACCOUNTS_READY_FOR_USER) - We often find this error in cases when we are trying to connect to the wrong instance of a financial institution. 
    Could you please try to add the account through the instance of Securian labeled "Securian Financial Services, Inc."? Typically we find that investment accounts (with a few exceptions) tend to be on Direct Connect. The instance you mentioned only allows for a Quicken Connect method. The instance I mentioned is a Direct Connect method and has the same URL as the main page of Securian. 

Once you have tried this, please reach back out with an update so that we may continue troubleshooting this error. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • sswriter
    sswriter Member ✭✭
    Thanks for all your help. The problem must be because it's an annuity (I'm guessing). I can login just fine at Securianfinancial.com ("Securian Financial Services, Inc.). But, when I try it through Quicken it tells me that the login info isn't valid. There must be something different about the Annuity is all I can figure. I appreciate all the quick responses. I'm going to give up on this because we'll be moving this to an IRA within the next month or two and I know I can connect the brokerage account. Thanks again.
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @sswriter

Thank you for your update, though I apologize that you were unable to get the annuity to connect successfully. I am, however, happy to hear you have a game plan with the IRA/Brokerage coming up in the next month or two!

If you have any additional questions or are in need of additional support, please reach back out to us so that we may assist you further. Thank you! 

-Quicken September
This discussion has been closed.