Manage my Subscription - No longer available in my Quicken Account

Catherinewheel
Catherinewheel Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Before you Buy
I used to be able to manage my subscription for auto renew, new credit card, expiry date etc. through Manage my Subscription. Seems with the recent sale of Quicken to another private investment company that that option is GONE. Now to cancel auto renew you need to call them. Seems new owners are making it less user friendly. Now only Sign in & Security and Personal info can be managed online...
Tagged:

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still see all the options in my account. Make sure you are using the correct email address which must be the same Quicken ID you use in the program itself.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello, @Catherinewheel

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your concerns, though I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused you. You may still cancel your auto-renew through your account on our website

Once you are logged into your account, please navigate to Subscriptions and select Manage. This will show you your active subscriptions - at this point you will want to click Cancel Subscription. This will cancel the auto-renew for your subscription, though it will not completely cancel your account - only your auto-renew. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach back out to us as we are always happy to help! Thank you. 

-Quicken September

• The attached file shows the only options I see when logging into my account. I am in Canada, but would think it should be the same screen as the one above from Rocket J Squirrel. I logged in from the program itself so not sure what the problem is???
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    The attached file shows the only options I see when logging into my account. I am in Canada, but would think it should be the same screen as the one above from Rocket J Squirrel. I logged in from the program itself so not sure what the problem is???
    You need to sign in first in order to see the other screens.  How do you think you can access your subscription settings if you don't log in with your Quicken ID and password?
  • Well it seems I really didn't know what I was doing... In any case I see all the options now...
    Thanks all and please forgive my ignorance.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you, but how did the OP get to the screen in the screenshot?  I don't find a way to get there without logging in.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @splasher In Quicken Mac, there's a menu item on the Help menu for My Quicken Account, which opens Quicken.com in an internal browser "My Quicken Account" window. Does Quicken Windows have a similar option? (Interestingly, when I do that, it takes me to the Quicken.com My Account screen already logged in; unlike the original poster, I didn't need to log in.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:
    @splasher In Quicken Mac, there's a menu item on the Help menu for My Quicken Account, which opens Quicken.com in an internal browser "My Quicken Account" window. Does Quicken Windows have a similar option? (Interestingly, when I do that, it takes me to the Quicken.com My Account screen already logged in; unlike the original poster, I didn't need to log in.)
    QWin has the same menu pick, it shows all four areas as is shown in RJS's post above.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Catherinewheel

Thank you for reaching back out to us here in the Community with your update! I apologize for any confusion, though I am happy to hear you are no longer experiencing the missing options and are now able to manage your subscriptions. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out as we are always happy to help. Thank you!

-Quicken September 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm glad the original poster's problem has been resolved, but there's still a mystery question we haven't answered...

How can you get to the window shown without being logged in?

In Quicken Mac, if you Sign Out, it closes your Quicken data file entirely, and if you're signed in, then going to Help > My Quicken Account takes you to the page already logged in.

If you go to Quicken.com in a web browser, you only get to that page after you sign in. If you are not signed in and try to get to that page page (https://myaccount.quicken.com/main), it takes you to the login screen.

So... how did the OP get to that page in a not-signed-in status?  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.