New Account downloadsbad address

GlennC
GlennC Member ✭✭
I am trying to setup a new investment account. What can you do if you find the web address for the financial institution is bad? Older versions allowed you to input the address.

Answers

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    That was NEVER the case for Quicken Mac from 2015 through now.  You could NEVER manually input a url.  

If there is a wrong url for a financial institution, pretty sure you need to contact OFFICIAL Quicken Support.  

HELP > CONTACT SUPPORT. 
  • GlennC
    GlennC Member ✭✭
    @garysmith87 --I probably misspoke about what version, but distinctly remember entering addresses. I have had Quicken from very early on.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The address shown is often not the URL Quicken uses to connect for Quicken Connect downloads or Direct Connect. The connection URL is not user-configurable. If the URL you see is wrong, it may or may not be the cause of connectivity problems.

Please post what financial institution you're trying to connect to, and whether you're using Quicken Connect or Direct Connect.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • GlennC
    GlennC Member ✭✭
    @jacobs-- National Financial- Mystreetscapes. for Traditional IRA.....Are you going to try it?
  • jacobs
    @GlennC I can't log in because I don't have an account. But Quicken seems it will connect, as I can get to the login screen...

Do you get to this screen? When you enter your UserID and PIN, what happens?
  • GlennC
    GlennC Member ✭✭
    @jacobs --you are correct it would give the login, but it will not communicate...thanks for trying
  • jacobs
    And I assume you're tried the other login for National Financial, and that doesn't work either?

What error message do you receive when you fill in your UserID and PIN and click Continue? 
This discussion has been closed.