Anyone else not able to download PenFed accounts?

Aholiab
Aholiab Member ✭✭✭
:'(
My PenFed credit card has updated nicely with One Step Update until about a week ago. Now I must download transactions from PenFed (which is easy, but not as easy as One Step Update).

PenFed basically says not to talk with them about this--that the problem is Quicken's. And Quicken acknowledges, in the error message, that this is "because of an error on the Quicken servers."

What should I do to get this fixed?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you haven't already, you may want to review: ONGOING 12/9/21 Pentagon Federal Credit Union Returns CC-501, ccscrape.163/FDP-163 Error
  • Hello @Aholiab,

Thank you for visiting the Community and reporting the issues you are having, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We do currently have an Alert open for this issue. Use the provided link to get to the alert. From there you can bookmark it to stay up to date on the issue. Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• Wally1955
    Wally1955 Member
    edited December 2021
    I have the same issues [Removed - Solicitation]
  • Rickd83
    Rickd83 Member ✭✭
    When I download accounts, I am no longer getting an invalid Wareki year error from PFCU or any other error. However, current data is not being downloaded. Is there still an issue going on with PenFed?
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Rickd83

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and updating us on this issue, though I am sorry that you are still not receiving downloads through PentFed. Our Alert with Pentagon Federal Credit Union has been resolved and things should be operating regularly now.

I suggest attempting to reset the connection for your PentFed account(s). You may do this by:
    1. Selecting the account(s) that are not downloading in your accounts list
    2. Navigating to the Settings Gear in the lower righthand corner of your account register or to Accounts > Settings in the menu bar at the top of your screen
    3. Selecting the Downloads tab 
    4. Selecting Reset Connection
    This should refresh the connection with PentFed and restore downloads. Please try this and let us know the results so that we may further assist you if necessary. Thank you!

-
    Quicken September

• Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Experiencing the same behavior. I tried this reset (actually several times over the past two or three days) and absolutely nothing is different. I'm using Quicken Deluxe for Mac if that matters. I've used "report a problem" a couple of times too, but nothing has changed. No transactions have been downloaded since Dec. 1, 2021.
  • robfedor
    robfedor Member ✭✭
    Quicken Alyssa

Quicken now connects and appears to update, but isn't downloading any of the transactions. The last transaction I see downloaded is Nov 12. My dividen transactions for Dec 11 won't download on any of my a ccounts.
  • JFLeide
    JFLeide Member ✭✭
    Like the others, I'm experiencing the same thing. I reset my connection several times. I no longer get the error, but no transactions download into my register. The last successful download was 2 Dec 21.
  • Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    Same for me.
  • Jim Hobin
    Jim Hobin Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Same here. Did not get error the last two days but nothing ever downloaded. Deactivated all accounts and now getting CC-501 errors when trying to reconnect them.

I recommend Quicken change the ALERT back to ongoing. This is certainly NOT resolved.
  • BobR87
    BobR87 Member ✭✭
    I am also expeiencing this problem setting up online updating of my Pentagon Credit Union accounts. I also deactivated my accounts and now when trying to activate my accounts I get a message stating "Oops. We're having a problem CC-501."

I agree with the previous comment in this thread that this issue is NOT resolved. HELP!
  • @BobR87

There was an internal error during your migration. You will need to contact Quicken Support during business hours. This issue needs to be escalated with our tech support agents over the phone. 

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Quicken Alyssa

• @Jim Hobin,

I need you to open a test file, please. Your file has not yet migrated to the new server. The steps I provide below should migrate your file. Please make sure that your file is on the C: Drive and save a backup before performing the steps. 

1. Go to File and select New Quicken File.
    2. Confirm New Quicken File and click Ok.
    3. Type in "test" as the file name and click Save.
    4. You will want to choose "Use Mobile & Web" on the following screen and click Next.
    5. Click Add Accounts, as it is the only option, and then you can close the Add Account box that opens. 
    6. Go to Edit and select Preferences from the menu options. 
    7. In the window that opens, select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts from the list on the left. 
    8. Click on "Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID" in blue. 
    9. You can then select the "Hobin - Quicken - CY2021" dataset and click Delete at the bottom. 
    10. Type "yes" to confirm and again click Delete.
    11. Close the Cloud Account box and the Preferences window as well.
    12. Go to File and click on file #2 at the bottom of the list, right above Exit.
    13. Go to the Mobile & Web tab at the top of your Quicken and select Cloud Sync
    14. Now please try connecting to PFCU.

Do let us know how this goes, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• @robfedor, & @Kent Kester,

Please go to Help>Report a problem from within your Quicken software. Please provide a couple of examples of transactions that have not come into Quicken in the description field and leave the log files attached. For the transaction examples, we would need to know the payee, date, and amount. Then you can send the report over to Quicken. 

Please let us know when you have completed this. I will be escalating these issues on Tuesday when I have gathered enough information to do so. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

Quicken Alyssa

• @Aholiab

Please follow the same instructions that I gave to Jim Hobin above, for migrating your dataset as well. 

The dataset that you will be deleting is named, "Phil's Quicken 02Feb 2020-2020-10-01.AM05.50-R-29.12".

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• @Rickd83 & @Wally1955,

It appears that your migrations over to the new server have failed. Unfortunately, this issue needs to be escalated over the phone with our tech support team. Please reach out to Quicken Support during business hours to get this resolved. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience. 

Quicken Alyssa

• robfedor
    robfedor Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Alyssa" said:
    > @robfedor, & @"Kent Kester",
    >
    > Please go to Help>Report a problem from within your Quicken software. Please provide a couple of examples of transactions that have not come into Quicken in the description field and leave the log files attached. For the transaction examples, we would need to know the payee, date, and amount. Then you can send the report over to Quicken. 
    >
    > Please let us know when you have completed this. I will be escalating these issues on Tuesday when I have gathered enough information to do so. 
    >
    > Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 
    >
    >
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

As much as I like Quicken, I truly feel I put to much time and effort keeping this prograsm runinng. Seems like everyh few months, I spend a lot of time on the phone with support correcting issues and it has not been due to oeprator error. Especially now, with the subscription model, we pay a more than before, but spend more of our personal time helping you fix issues. Sorry for the rant, just frustrating.
  • robfedor
    robfedor Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Alyssa said:
    > @Rickd83 & @Wally1955,
    >
    > Quicken Alyssa

Report sent
  • Jim Hobin
    Jim Hobin Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Alyssa

I tried the instructions provided and I am still getting a CC-501 error when I try to establish a connection using my primary QDF file. I can see both accounts/files associated, each with current date/time. I performed the steps several times just to make sure.

As a test, I returned to the test file to see if that connects to the bank. I am able to connect to Pentagon and it adds the accounts to the test file. However, I only get an opening balance line with current balance information. No previous transactions were retrieved. I logged directly into Pentagon and transferred funds between accounts to force a change. I performed another update but still no new transactions retrieved. This is the same indication I was receiving on Friday. Connects, but no new transactions.

So now I have two problems
    1. Still cannot connect accounts in primary QDF to Pentagon FCU (CC-501).
    2. Accounts appear to not update even if connected (no transactions retrieved).
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken says this is resolved.  It is NOT RESOLVED.  PENFED is still not connecting to Quicken server.
  • Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    I've reset my accounts multiple times and while I don't get any errors, no transactions are downloaded. Quicken--please help!
  • Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭✭
    While I don't get any error messages, none of my transactions get downloaded, in spite of resetting the account multiple times.
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that it brings over the account value - but not the transactions that got it there.
  • Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with downloading Pentagon Federal Credit Union transactions. First I was getting the CC-501 error. Now I don't get an error, but I don't get the transactions either. Two+ weeks and no solution. Spent a lot of time on tech support with nothing solved--was threatened by the tech support agent that they were going to hang up on me if I didn't stop yelling. Yeah, I raised my voice as I should not have to spend hours of my personal time trying to trouble shoot on a product that I purchased.

Tried many "pre-designed" trouble shooting protocols that resolved nothing. Checked the Customer ID under the general tab for each account and found that it had changed. Why would this process change my Customer ID. I didn't change it. It changed when I downloaded transactions from PFCU to Quicken. Why would it change?
  • Aholiab
    Aholiab Member ✭✭✭
    I also use Simplifi from Quicken, and PenFed wasn't downloading there either. However, PenFed transactions are downloading in both places this morning. Hopefully all this is now resolved!
  • Jim Hobin
    Jim Hobin Member ✭✭✭
    Some progress made. I was able to connect my accounts this morning, however, still not downloading transactions.
  • Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    This problem appears to be resolved as of this morning. Thanks to the support folks for keeping at it.
  • Jim Hobin
    Jim Hobin Member ✭✭✭
    After reconnecting Pentagon accounts via Express Web Connect I reperformed the steps @Quicken Alyssa outlined above. Switched to test file, deleted the primary cloud file on Quicken servers, switched to primary .qdf and and performed a cloud sync. This time the cloud sync worked (took ~4 minutes as message indicated) and I was able to retrieve transactions.
  • Hello all, 

I have gotten reports from many users that this issue is resolving. Can I have you all please try updating your accounts? If nothing comes in with the OSU, try resetting the account from the account settings.

Let us know if you get transactions downloaded this time!

Quicken Alyssa

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Alyssa - It's still not working.  I've reset by going to Account Details and then Online Services Tried reset.  Didn't work.  Deactivated and re added.  It says it brought over 1000's of transactions - but the most recent (that hadn't been previously brought over)  are not there.  The balance updated.  It says everything downloaded, but it did not.
This discussion has been closed.