Facial Recognition Ignored

Kahuna Texas
Kahuna Texas Member
edited January 2022 in Using the Mobile App
:) I'm new to this community and to Quicken so if this is inappropriate, mea culpa. I've noticed that when I set the iOS app to use facial recognition, it still requires me to enter my password. When I chatted with Quicken Support, I was told (effectively) "That's just how it works".

Does this seem redundant to anyone else? Is there a solution in the works for it? Thanks for your comments.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There are two thoughts on this subject.

One is that facial recognition is enough and makes it convenient.
    The other is that you should always have more than one kind of authentication at all times.  Like something you know (password) and something you have (your face).

Depending on the setup one might argue that the two forms of authentication can be served in a more convenient way.

For instance, I use a Chase application.  It has to be "approved" on each new device (with entering my username and password once).  So just having that device is one form of authentication and as such I can tell it to let me log in using my fingerprint (this is on Android).

There really isn't a "standard" on how what is "enough" and as such it is left up to the company to decide what they think it best.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    :) I'm new to this community and to Quicken so if this is inappropriate, mea culpa. I've noticed that when I set the iOS app to use facial recognition, it still requires me to enter my password. When I chatted with Quicken Support, I was told (effectively) "That's just how it works".

Does this seem redundant to anyone else? Is there a solution in the works for it? Thanks for your comments.
    @Chris_QPW

Thanks for your response, but it's irrelevant to this discussion.  Why?  See my next response.

@Kahuna Texas

This is a known issue since the last update to the iOS app.  Quicken mobile prompts for your Face ID, gives you a check mark verifying it, but then still asks you to enter your Quicken ID password.

I have this same issue.  And others have as well.  This is a verified bug since several of us have the same identical problem.

I contacted support chat and they had zero clue.  But as I said, others have reported this in this very  community.

What Quicken community support recommended is to report the problem via your mobile app.  Hopefully a fix will be coming to repair this glaring defect.  

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @Everybody

Thank you all for reaching out to add to this discussion, though we apologize for the inconvenience. Like @garysmith87 mentioned, this is a known issue that we are currently seeing. If you encounter this bug, please report the problem on your mobile application. This issue has been escalated internally to our development team and we are investigating and working on a solution though, unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on when this bug will be fixed. Thank you for your patience as we work to get this problem resolved. 

If you have any further questions or require further assistance, please reach out and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!

-Quicken September
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, the latest Quicken app update 6.14.1 (38.26045 4012) for iPhone iOS has fixed this issue.

Thank you to the Quicken team for the prompt response. 
This discussion has been closed.