Express Web Connect not working since release R36.56

Since downloading latest update on December 20, 2021
R36.56 (windows), my express web connect downloads are not working. The download runs continually and never completes. The direct connect links work. Only solution is to kill Quicken application and start over. anybody else with this problem

Comments

• ScanIAm
    ScanIAm Member
    I just discovered the same issue. The problem is that this window gives you no way to cancel, so you literally have to kill the entire application, so who knows what damage that might do to the data files.

This is super annoying.
  • bobbaker1
    bobbaker1 Member ✭✭
    i experienced a problem when updating my schwab accounts with quicken. instead of updating my existing accounts it created new accounts. I tried to resolve this issue by deleting the new version of an account and reupdating the existing account but I noticed that it wants to update the new existing account that I have deleted. what do I do to rectify this issue?
  • Briga
    Briga Member ✭✭
    Same issue here, downloads just pause with no way to cancel. Just started today 12/21/2021. It will timeout in like 30 minutes or so.
  • kennyguitar
    kennyguitar Member ✭✭
    I see that there is a notice that may relate to my issue
    NEW 12/21/21: Slowness or errors updating accounts
  • bobbaker1
    bobbaker1 Member ✭✭
    after update for schwab accounts quicken wants to download only to new accounts it created in quicken and I want to revise my password in my existing accounts to update the download from schwab into my existing accounts and not the new ones created with the new updated ones. I want to delete the new ones as they don't contain the past history I have since 2005.
  • bobbaker1
    bobbaker1 Member ✭✭
    This process would be so much easier if I could call you and talk with you live to get a quick response instead of waiting for God only knows how long until you respond.
  • bobbaker1
    bobbaker1 Member ✭✭
    how will you respond to me. will you send me a email? or a text telling me where to go to see your reply? I'll never figure out where to go to see your response or when to look for you response. send me a email telling me what to do or where & how do I get back to see your response cme4klos@aol.com bob baker
  • BradClarke
    BradClarke Member ✭✭
    Same issue. It's a pretty huge problem to have been let out the door. QA at Quicken is non-existant.
  • kennyguitar
    kennyguitar Member ✭✭
    Bobbaker1 you have posted underneath my comment about a problem, however, yours is different than mine. I am a user just like you and am in no way going to respond to your problem. Your continued comments underneath my issue just clog up the process. Please create your own thread or find one that already exists.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• rickatie
    rickatie Member ✭✭✭
    same problem here.. Quicken hangs when downloading all financial transactions - not just Schwab now!
    Looks like latest release "fix" ver. 56 created this problem. Testing of software put out in production seems to be non-existent. Quicken has disintegrated into a pile of dung. What a shame!
  • kennyguitar
    kennyguitar Member ✭✭
    My issue has been solved per the notice from Quicken NEW 12/21/21: Slowness or errors updating accounts
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Given all the problems they have been having lately with Express Web Connect and server problems I doubt that the new version is the cause, it most likely a coincidence.

But if you would like to roll back to an older version to check you can get and apply an older version patch from here:
    http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    bobbaker1 said:
    This process would be so much easier if I could call you and talk with you live to get a quick response instead of waiting for God only knows how long until you respond.

bobbaker1 said:
    how will you respond to me. will you send me a email? or a text telling me where to go to see your reply? I'll never figure out where to go to see your response or when to look for you response. send me a email telling me what to do or where & how do I get back to see your response cme4klos@aol.com bob baker
    This is a Community forum made up primarily of users just like you and me.  There are some Quicken employees who browse this forum as Moderators but it is rather hit-or-miss as to whether or not they will see your post and respond.  If you want to have a discussion with Quicken Support you need to call them or use online Chat.  From within Quicken go to Help and then click on Contact Quicken Support.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.