Downloads change my entered dates for transactions

SRC1954
SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
Since Wednesday (maybe right after last software update), Quicken downloads from First US Bank, Capital One 360 and Chase Bank (using Quicken Connect), which may also affect Direct Download accounts but I had no new transactions from them, the downloads changed the date of transaction from the date I entered (actual transaction date) to the date they were posted.

Example: I use Debit Card at Shell on Thursday, but it doesn't post until Friday. I download it Saturday morning. It changes date from 9th to 10th.

I verified that I have the setting in preferences to keep my date and not overwrite with posted date.

The same exact thing started happening in Simplifi by Quicken at the very same time.

In MoneyWiz, which uses Yodlee, this does not happen. It keeps the entered date.

Therefore, it seems it has something to do with Quicken Connect mechanism which I assume Simplifi also uses. I have notified Simplifi Support and will update Quicken Support.

Has anyone else seen this?

Of course, it is easy to change it back, but I have to make sure I do it each time.

Steve
MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
Quicken Simplifi since 2021

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It sure does sound like a glitch. One thing to try: turn on the Preferences setting to use posted date, then quit Quicken and restart the computer. After restart, turn that setting back off. Maybe there's a glitch in your preferences file. (But I don't know why this affect Simpifi at the same time.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I find that some of my credit charges show the wrong transaction date even on a monthly statement: I make a charge on the 5th, and the credit card company shows the transaction date is the 6th and the posted date as the 7th. I assume it depends on how each merchant, and merchant processing system, processes various charges. But nothing Quicken does in downloading that transaction will ever capture the actual transaction date of the 5th.

The only other thing I'd add is that the narrow scope of the bug fixes in version 6.4.5 make it unlikely that it would have affected date processing in Quicken. And the fact that you're seeing the same issue with Simplifi suggests the issue is unrelated to the 6.4.5 update to Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    It's probably the update mechanism, but there was an update to Simplifi around the same time, and I bet it was included. But of course, it is merely supposition.

Steve

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    I will be interesting to see if Chase transactions still change the date now that I have switched to Direct Connection. I will also reboot MAC before I update tomorrow. I did get this from the Simplifi Bot today regarding this problem (which cropped up the same time).

"Hello there! We have investigated this and for now, this is the expected behavior of the app, we are we working to offer you different options whenever a transaction is updated, but we do not have an ETA on that feature yet."

This sounds as though it's broken, but we've decided it's a feature and we will look to adding a feature to turn it off later. OTOH, it may be that Simplifi just uses the Quicken Connection and is leaving this to Quicken to fix.

As for Quicken support, they acknowledge that there's a bug and are working on it. They asked me to send them a problem report (no replies for those) so they will log which banks have the problem.

Steve

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Now that I have Chase on Direct Connect, it no longer changes the dates of my transactions. Only the Quicken Connect downloads do. Unfortunately, for some of my accounts I have to use Quicken Connect. I do hope this will get fixed soon. Quicken Support says it is the bank's fault but they are working to fix them. I suspect it is just part of the fallout of Quicken's ongoing upgrade of bank connections.

Steve

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    Just for fun, I downloaded this morning from the bank in QFX, and it didn't change the transaction dates. So it seems to be just when it's Quicken connect and not Web Connect.

Steve

• I'm seeing this to. It just started a week or 2 ago, it may be with the 6.4.5 update. One account I'm seeing it with is Quicken Connect to Elan Financial Services.

I don't see this in the list of known ongoing issues.

• Hi @SRC1954,

Thank you for reaching out to the community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Would you mind sending your information logs over to Quicken so we can further investigate the issue and any errors that are occurring with your transaction dates? You can do this by clicking help>report a problem. 

Please let us know when you have completed this so we can take a look and work on a resolution. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• hmeloab
    hmeloab Member ✭✭
    Has anyone noticed that with the latest update Quicken is changing transaction dates to posting dates on online accounts that are synched, despite the preference box being left unchecked on the connection services pane? It is annoying that I must be alert and manually adjust these dates after synching.
  • SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @Jasmine I sent the logs and referenced you.

I can tell you the same thing started happening in Simplifi at the very same time, so I am pretty sure it uses the same Quicken Connect system. But it's worse because Simplifi downloads pending transactions and messes them up for two days and then again on the day that they clear. Thanks.

Steve

• RickO
    edited December 2021
    @hmeloab There are two possibilities: a preference setting you need to change or a bug that's being investigated. Let's start with the former:

Click menu Quicken > Preferences then click Connected Services. Near the bottom, make sure the box next to "Use posted date ...." is not checked. If it was checked, this should solve your problem. Let us know.

The other possibility: There is a thread reporting that some people are experiencing dates changing on download even though they have the preference deselected. I have asked the moderators to merge your post to this thread. 
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    I am also seeing this behavior (transaction dates being overwritten by posted dates despite preferences being set to not allow this). It seems to have started with version 6.4.5. 
  • RickO
    @Austin@  Which financial institution? Which connection method? Important to know.

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    @RickO I mainly use Quicken Connect right now. I’m seeing it on all of my connected accounts (Capital One Card Services, Chase, Altabank, Venmo, & PayPal). I have one Web Connect account (Apple Card) that I will need to test in January since I can only export .QFX files on a monthly basis for that account. 
  • hmeloab
    hmeloab Member ✭✭
    That is precisely my issue and symptom ... the preference box is unchecked and yet the dates are changing on download, so I suspect a bug. Thank you for your quick comment.
  • RickO
    @hmeloab Please provide the bank(s) with which this is happening and the connection method(s). This is important info that Quicken will need to gather to investigate this issue.

• hmeloab
    hmeloab Member ✭✭
    That would be Chase bank and Quicken Connect
  • RickO
    @hmeloab If you are using Chase only for credit cards, I suggest switching to Direct Connect which will likely solve this problem and has several other benefits. Chase doesn't charge for DC for credit cards. I don't know if they charge for using DC for other account types.
This discussion has been closed.