Connecting with JP Morgan Chase Bank

ONEzero
ONEzero Member
Anyone having problems connecting with JP Morgan Chase Bank to download transactions?

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ONEzero, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with JP Morgan Chase Bank. Could you please clarify what the issue that you're experiencing is are you getting any error codes?
  • Dogmeister
    Dogmeister Member ✭✭
    The past few days I have had to verify my account with Chase each time Quicken downloads data. Seems to correspond to latest update.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    The past few days I have had to verify my account with Chase each time Quicken downloads data. Seems to correspond to latest update.
    Hello @Dogmeister,

Do you mean that the account has to be verified with a code sent via text or email? If so, have you tried deactivating the account and reconnecting it? You can do this by selecting the account from the list on the left-hand side of the Quicken window, then by going to the Settings menu at the gear icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen and going to the Downloads tab. Click 'Disconnect Account' then quit Quicken. After that, you would go back to the Downloads tab and select 'Connect Account.' 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dogmeister
    Dogmeister Member ✭✭
    Yes, exactly. I'll try deactivating and reactivating the account.
  • Hi @Dogmeister,

Thank you for the response. After disconnecting and re-adding the account. Please let us know what occurs. 

We look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jared
    Yes, exactly. I'll try deactivating and reactivating the account.
    @Dogmeister,

Understood, and thanks for keeping us posted. I know these kinds of issues are troubling and I'm glad you're reaching out to the Quicken Community about this. If you can, we would be happy to hear back from you about any further developments.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • pnajar
    pnajar Member
    I've had the same issue. After disconnection, I tried to reconnect. Unfortunately, I ended up with a Sync error with Error code: BID = 10898
  • Quicken Jared
    pnajar said:
    I've had the same issue. After disconnection, I tried to reconnect. Unfortunately, I ended up with a Sync error with Error code: BID = 10898
    Hello @pnajar,

I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. Thank you for asking us about this here on the Quicken Community. Frequently, BID error codes indicate that something is preventing a connection with your bank or credit union's online banking services. The usual suspects are often one of the following:

• Antivirus Software, such as MalwareBytes
    • FireWall Settings
    • Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs
    Is there any chance that any of the above may be a factor, here? It is generally recommended that you save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup then quit Quicken and disable your FireWall altogether, remove any antivirus software that might be in use, and check your VPN settings. After you reopen Quicken, you may have to disconnect and reconnect any accounts that were yielding the error message to begin with by going to Settings > Downloads > Disconnect Account at the 'gear' icon in the lower-right hand corner of the Quicken window, and then going back into Settings > Downloads then selecting Connect Account

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.