How do I set up a new CapitalOne account?

jkph00
jkph00 Member ✭✭
When I tried to set up a new CapitalOne credit card account, it takes me through all the steps including entering username and ID, then presents me with the message I cannot access transaction downloads and that it's not my error. Is this a known problem (today is 22 December 2021)? What do we do now?

Answers

• Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @jkph00

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question, though I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this error. We do have a couple of known issues going on with Capital One, however, to be sure we would need to know the exact error code(s) you are receiving. Does the error that you are seeing have a numerical code attached to it anywhere? Better yet, if you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot to your comment. You may also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not seeing the option to add attachments.

FAQ: How do I post a screenshot in the Community from Windows?

Once you have this additional information, please reach back out so that we may confirm whether or not this is a part of one of the known issues we currently have with Captial One. Thank you!

-Quicken September

• jkph00
    jkph00 Member ✭✭
    Here is a picture of the error I repeatedly encounter from trying to set up a CapitalOne (CO) credit card account via the latest version of Windows Quicken. CapitalOne Tech Support tells me they only support downloading the files for me to import them into Quicken. It worked just fine in Quicken with my previous CO credit card up to six hours before when I had to change the cards because of compromise. Is this a known problem with CO? Is there a solution? Thanks, y'all.
  • jkph00
    jkph00 Member ✭✭
    Blast! How do I post a picture of the error?
  • jkph00
    jkph00 Member ✭✭
    Never mind, folks. A well-mannered and expert young man named Jorge in Tech Support was able to solve the issue.
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @jkph00!

Thank you for taking the time to reach back out to the Community with your update! I am pleased to hear that our Technical Support was able to resolve your issue and that you had a positive experience with your rep. Please feel free to reach back out at any time if you have any further questions or require further support. We are always happy to help! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

-Quicken September 
This discussion has been closed.