CC-800

Options
Butch0406
Butch0406 Member ✭✭
All of a sudden my accounts were deleted and unable to download after the latest update to 36.56

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Butch0406,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Butch0406
    Butch0406 Member ✭✭
    Options
    All other recent files show the same thing. I cannot update the accounts. This is why I have Quicken to maintain my accounts. I just renewed my membership today and it is now useless.
    How do I merge the transactions from an old account to a new, if I set up "new" accounts to replace the "deleted" ones?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thanks for following up! 

There is not a specific way to "merge" accounts. Instead, you would need to move transactions from one account to another.

However, before taking this route, you can try creating a copy of your data file and moving forward with the copied file by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID which can eliminate certain data file issues that may not always be detected through validating or super validating in the original file.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.