T. Rowe Price Download error (2003)--MAC

Options
Sweeneypc
Sweeneypc Member
For the past three days, I have been unable to update my T. Rowe Price accounts (error 2003). I know they were down a couple of weeks ago for a day, but this is pretty extended.
Any thoughts?
Pat

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sweeneypc said:
    For the past three days, I have been unable to update my T. Rowe Price accounts (error 2003). I know they were down a couple of weeks ago for a day, but this is pretty extended.
    Any thoughts?
    Pat
    Hello Sweeneypc,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this frustrating error message. Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community about this. When you select the accounts and go into the 'Account Settings' menu by clicking on the gear icon in the lower right-hand corner, do you notice that the routing number and other account information seem incorrect? I should probably also inquire what kind of accounts we are dealing with, as well. Is this a credit card account, a checking account, or an investment account?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sweeneypc
    Options
    Jared,
    Thank you for the quick response. The setting information for the accounts is good. The accounts are mutual funds (IRA).
    Pat
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sweeneypc said:
    Jared,
    Thank you for the quick response. The setting information for the accounts is good. The accounts are mutual funds (IRA).
    Pat
    Sweeneypc,

Do you think you could check the connection type? You would do this by going into the 'Account Settings' after selecting the 'Accounts' option at the menu in the top of the screen and then you would go to the 'Downloads' tab.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sweeneypc
    Options
    I tried re-entering the data under connection type -- no luck. the same error.
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello, @Sweeneypc!

Thank you for your update, though I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. Have you tried completely disconnecting and reconnecting your accounts? 

Now, before you perform this process, I strongly advise that you Save a Backup. (You may do this by navigating to File and then Save a Backup.)

• Highlight the account(s) we want to disconnect in your accounts list
    • Access your Account Settings - You may do this by going to Accounts in the menu bar and selecting Settings or by clicking the Settings Gear in the lower righthand corner of your register. 
    • After this, please select the Downloads tab.
    • Next, select Disconnect Account to completely disconnect the account from the Financial Institution. 
    • Once the accounts are disconnected, please navigate to the Plus (+) sign in the upper lefthand corner (or Accounts > New > [Account Type])
    • In the bank list, find your Financial Institution and continue.
    • A sign-in page should appear - Input your credentials and then follow the prompts to continue linking your accounts.

Note: When your accounts populate, please pay special attention to the Action column to make sure that that you link them to your original account (the one with the full history) instead of adding them as a new account, otherwise you’ll end up with duplicate accounts.

Once you have tried this, please reach back out to the Community with your results so that we may assist you further if necessary. Thank you!

-Quicken September

• Sweeneypc
    Options
    Thank you. That seemed to fix it.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Sweeneypc,

Thank you for your response! We are so glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Do not hesitate to reach out with any further comments or questions!

Happy Holidays, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Neil@
    Neil@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    For the past couple go weeks, I am having the same problem. Many times, I have disconnected one of the several funds I own, then tried to set up Download... but to no avail. [Keep in mind that TRP gives each fund you own, a separate account number] When I try to download, all of the accounts show an orange dot on the account list, as well as an error message at the top of the register- "Quicken cannot connect to this account".
    Interestingly, I have four additional Uniform Gift To Minor accounts which each holds the same fund as one that I own. When I try to set up downloads for my fund (after disconnecting it), my fund appears on the list, a long with 3 of the UGMAs. One of the UGMAs has the suggested link, while my fund is listed below as "Ignore". I change the choice of the UGMA to "Ignore", and then choose the correct account (the one that I own).

HELP!
This discussion has been closed.