One-Step Update asks me for Barclays ID--I don't have a Barclays card

Options
essman54
essman54 Member ✭✭
As of this past week, whenever I do a One-Step Update, Quicken asks me to provide ID and password information for a Barclays Bank account. I do not have any Barclays products (not since the LL Bean card moved to Citi). I cancel, and everything updates fine, but why does this keep happening?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @essman54,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, could you please check and make sure that you do not have any hidden accounts that may still be connected to Barclays Bank and potentially cause these prompts? To do so, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    Let us know what you find! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• essman54
    essman54 Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is a closed account from the time that the LL Bean MasterCard was managed by Barclays. But that changed in May 2018, at which time I migrated to the Citi-managed account and closed the Barclays. It is just this week that the One-Step Update has been causing these prompts. I am running Version R36.57.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Do Ctrl-A (or TOOLS, Account List) and click EDIT adjacent to the old LL Bean/Barclay's account.  Erase the "Financial Institution" name and exit out of the dialog.
    This error has been reported by several other people, including me, and this Edit fixes the issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• essman54
    essman54 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, NotACPA. Your suggestion works!
This discussion has been closed.