Entering Budget on Desktop version, it gets wiped out after going into Web version

tom-LelandNC
tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
I have entered my budget twice now in the desktop version. The first time it showed in the web version. Then later , I access desktop and the budget is gone. I just entered the budget again in desktop. It is wiped out again.

Comments

• Hi @tom-LelandNC,

Thank you for coming to the community. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue and I understand that it can be frustrating. 

Could you please check to make sure that you have cloud sync enabled? You can do this by opening the quicken application> then clicking Quicken on the menu bar that pops down at the top of your desk top> preferences> Mobile, Web, & Alerts> then make sure that the toggle bar on the left that is located below 'Sync" is on. 

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    You also may want to RESET your cloud data in Quicken Mac desktop.  
  • tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
    Yes, the SYNCH is turned on. I have checked that. I also followed the second recommendation and RESET the cloud data. Thsi time I will build a budget with a couple of line items in it. to test things before I enter 30 or 40 budget lines. Thank you
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the SYNCH is turned on. I have checked that. I also followed the second recommendation and RESET the cloud data. Thsi time I will build a budget with a couple of line items in it. to test things before I enter 30 or 40 budget lines. Thank you
    Hello tom-LelandNC,

I am sorry to hear that those troubleshooting steps did not resolve the problem, but we are happy you are checking back in with us, and hope to hear from you again after you try building a new budget. If you are still experiencing any difficulties, it may be helpful to our support team - as well as yourself - to report the issue by going to 'Help>Report a problem' in Quicken.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello tom-LelandNC,
    >
    > I am sorry to hear that those troubleshooting steps did not resolve the problem, but we are happy you are checking back in with us, and hope to hear from you again after you try building a new budget. If you are still experiencing any difficulties, it may be helpful to our support team - as well as yourself - to report the issue by going to 'Help>Report a problem' in Quicken.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

THank you Jared. I built another budget on teh desktop version. I did not open the Web version to see if it was there. I come back to the desktop version again, open it, and the Budget is gone, vanished. The only option under Budget is to Build a new Budget. I thought that perhaos opening the web version was blowing the busdget away, this time I did not even take that step.
  • Hi @tom-LelandNC,

Thank you for your response, we are sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. Could you please follow @Quicken Jareds instructions and report a problem so we may look into this issue further on our end?

Please let us know once you have completed this step. 

Thank you,
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hi @tom-LelandNC,
    >
    > Thank you for your response, we are sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. Could you please follow @Quicken Jareds instructions and report a problem so we may look into this issue further on our end?
    >
    > Please let us know once you have completed this step. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Quicken Jasmine

I have reported the problem through the suggested channel. The latest budget I created was finally wiped out again, as soon as I clicked the button to refresh all the accounts.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just had an issue with my budget not syncing to the mobile app from Quicken Mac.

Here are the steps I took to repair that:

1 Log out of your mobile app.

2 In Quicken Mac desktop, FILE > PREFERENCES > Connected services > Reset the cloud account

3 In FILE > PREFERENCES > Mobile, Web & Alerts > Accounts Select NONE at the bottom of the account list.  This may leave some Quicken Connect accounts still checked, but that's OK.  

4 Select UPDATE with the limited number of accounts checked.  This may take a while to complete. Be patient.

5 After the update completes, re-select the other accounts you want to include in the mobile apps.  Select UPDATE once again and again be patient for it to complete.

6 On the mobile app, log in with your Quicken ID and password.  Allow the app to sync.

See if this re-solves your issue.  
  • tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
    I will give this a try, thank you!
  • tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭
    > @garysmith87 said:
    > I just had an issue with my budget not syncing to the mobile app from Quicken Mac.
    >
    > Here are the steps I took to repair that:
    >
    > 1 Log out of your mobile app.
    >
    > 2 In Quicken Mac desktop, FILE > PREFERENCES > Connected services > Reset the cloud account
    >
    > 3 In FILE > PREFERENCES > Mobile, Web & Alerts > Accounts Select NONE at the bottom of the account list.  This may leave some Quicken Connect accounts still checked, but that's OK.  
    >
    > 4 Select UPDATE with the limited number of accounts checked.  This may take a while to complete. Be patient.
    >
    > 5 After the update completes, re-select the other accounts you want to include in the mobile apps.  Select UPDATE once again and again be patient for it to complete.
    >
    > 6 On the mobile app, log in with your Quicken ID and password.  Allow the app to sync.
    >
    > See if this re-solves your issue.  

This fixed the problem, so far so good!! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide all the detail you provided in your response! Here's to a 2022 budget to live by....
  • Hi @tom-LelandNC,

Thank you for contacting the community and for your responses. We are happy to hear that you were able to resolve this issue. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine...

Pretty sure he wasn't referring to your recommendations...which didn't work at all.

My solution has worked resetting the budget in the past.

For some reason, just resetting the Cloud data doesn't seem to erase the missing budget from the mobile app...as another sync overwrites a blank budget from the app to the desktop product and wipes that desktop budget data out completely. 

I have used this method flawlessly for over a year now when things get mucked up with the sync process.

I suggest you contact support and development and explain to them that "Reset" the Quicken Cloud in Quicken Mac doesn't work properly.  It will NOT completely erase the mobile data and get users a "blank slate" in the cloud.  Instead, you have to painfully go through ALL the steps I outlined in order to wipe the cloud data completely clean and overwrite it again with valid data.  

I suggest you mark my recommendation for future reference should other Quicken Mac users have sync issues where data gets messed up between the cloud and desktop products.  

Of course, the biggest issue with all this is that after six years, Quicken's cloud based sync still isn't reliable.  There are definite flaws in the sync process...and flaws in the reset of the sync process. 
This discussion has been closed.