Schwab Investment Account Cash Balances Are Off

Joseph Witkin
Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
Cash balances in my Schwab brokerage and IRA accounts are continually off from the actual values shown on Schwab's website, by hundreds or even thousands of dollars - I keep having to enter cash balance corrections. It looks like dividend reinvestments are not being handled correctly - duplicates for "reinvested dividend" and "bought", both lowering the cash balance - at least I think that's where its coming from, but I'm not going through trying to figure out which transactions to delete until the problem is fixed!

Are others seeing this?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest that you DO go back and straighten out your accounts.  No fix, if and when it comes, is going to go back in time and correct all the erroneous entries.  I generally counsel that you simply can't depend on "downloads" to do your accounting for you; this is especially true with the current Schwab problems.
    The problem you describe is widely occurring and has been known about for some time.  As far as I know there's no ETA for the fix.
  • Joseph Witkin
    This is such a shame. I am always in touch with the Schwab website, and I don't depend on Quicken to know my status - but it was always nice when the numbers agreed and downloads were reliably correct, which was the case for a very long time. Schwab Direct Connect was not broken, I wish they hadn't "fixed" it!
  • Joseph Witkin
    Last few days, after reconciling a Schwab investment account, I get a popup "enter a valid date" that I have to close, although there is no pending transaction to enter a date for, and the reconcile is finished. 

Quicken is playing whack-a-mole with bugs...
  • larryvc
    larryvc Member ✭✭
    > @Joseph Witkin said:
    > Last few days, after reconciling a Schwab investment account, I get a popup "enter a valid date" that I have to close, although there is no pending transaction to enter a date for, and the reconcile is finished. 
    >
    > Quicken is playing whack-a-mole with bugs...

Same issue here...
  • > @"Joseph Witkin" said:
    > Last few days, after reconciling a Schwab investment account, I get a popup "enter a valid date" that I have to close, although there is no pending transaction to enter a date for, and the reconcile is finished. 
    >
    > Quicken is playing whack-a-mole with bugs...

Same issue here. Quicken quality has plummeted of late. I'm losing trust after 20+ years.
  • jil
    jil Member ✭✭
    I get it after I reconcile any account. So many bugs.
  • jil
    jil Member ✭✭
    Anyone found a better alternative to Quicken? It's so full of bugs I no longer trust it.