Why does it take forever to update Credit card and Bank data

njsg
njsg Member ✭✭
I have 8 bank/ credit card accounts and 7 investment account in my Quicken R36.54 running on Windows 10 pro.

When doing a one step update then investment account update very quickely. However, the 8 bank account sit there and crank for a very long time. Can this be fixed???

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @njsg , I truly do apologize for this issue and any inconvenience it may have caused. Our team is working diligently on a resolution and we are aware of this issue. Please follow this post for updates
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904181/new-12-21-21-slowness-updating-accounts#latest
    Thank you!
  • njsg
    njsg Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be fixed. I just received an update to R36.57 27.1.36.57 . One Step Update doesn't update the bank accounts and doesn't update the LAST DOWNLOAD date and time. Individual update, however, do work properly.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not every problem is "automagically" fixed by the next software update which just so happens to come along. Patience, please. The programmers will eventually get around to it. There are only so few programmers and sooooooooooo many problems to work on ...
    As to your OSU problems, please call Quicken Support on the phone (after the Christmas holidays) and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• njsg
    njsg Member ✭✭
    Being a programmer myself I know how difficult it is to shoot problems. I just wanted to let them know that even though their announcement on 12/21/21 indicated that the issue, not just that I'm experiencing but a whole bunch of others were complaining about, had been fixed, it still seems to be there. I'm sure they will figure it out in due time.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 12/21/21 - problem was, AFAIK, a short duration server - specific issue that has since been resolved.
    It had nothing to do with the process of downloading transactions from Express Web Connect - connected bank accounts and the time it takes Quicken on your PC to digest the downloaded data. The biggest problem, IMHO, is the lack of progress reporting ...
    Processing data for Bank A
    Processing data for Bank B
    etc.
    would be a big step forward, or something like a progress bar: "Processing xxx of yyy downloaded transactions" perhaps?
    Let's wait for the dust to settle with the other recent major problems and eventually the programmers will be able to make progress on this front.
    Just for reference: If you want to review what's been fixed in prior releases of Quicken for Windows please read  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes

This discussion has been closed.