How do I get Quicken to stop autofilling the categories on my Schwab Bank downloads?

Options
Budholm
Budholm Member ✭✭
When Quicken downloads my Schwab Bank account info, it autofills the Category column. Obviously that is an issue, since most of the time it is wrong anyway. How do I turn it off?
Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are a few possibilities:
    Sometimes, usually with credit or debit card transactions, Quicken will guess a Category based on the Payee name. You can override this with a Renaming rule or disable it at Edit > Preferences > Downloaded Transactions > Automatically Categorize transactions.

Or, if you have a Memorized transaction that matches the Payee, Quicken will assign the Category it finds there. I have this problem for example with Amazon transactions, because they use several different categories.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Budholm
    Budholm Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Jim! That makes you Santa Claus! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Budholm,

Thank you for contacting the community and for your response. We are happy to hear that your question was answered by another user and that everything worked out. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

Thank you, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.