Reconcile....Investments

denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
In a Banking Register you can manually Reconcile\Clear\Unclear Transaction entries.  I manually Reconciled a Transaction in an Investment Register...and now I cannot UNCLEAR it.  Left or right clicking on the CLR field of the entry....no options open to Clear\Unclear.  Is there a way to change this Investment Transaction from Reconciled to Clear...? 

Answers

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Delete it and re-enter it.  Then mark it "c"leared. 

BTW, reconciling a transaction assumes that the transaction has cleared your financial institution.  If you truly reconciled the account to a bank statement where that transaction is included, I see no advantage in changing a transaction from reconciled back to cleared. 
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Transaction happens to be a Transfer from a checking to the Investment register....so if I Delete it will also delete the corrsesponding entry in Checking and alter the ending Balances in both accts.  Maybe the re-entry and doing it again as a Transfer between accts....will add the amt back to both the checking and Investment accts.  Not sure I would go thru all of that; was hoping for an easy way to make the change.  It really gets involved with a Split Transfer from checking to Investment accts...and maybe it is best to leave as is.  Thanks 
This discussion has been closed.