Password reset for First Horizon - TN

I am unable to reset my password in Quicken for my "First Horizon Bank - TN" accounts. The bank has recently changes their password requirements, and I think Quicken needs to change to match the new requirements

Best Answer

• ascolborn
    ascolborn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I tried updating the password on First Horizon with no special character and that worked. Quicken was not allowing me to enter a special character saying that First Horizon does not allow special characters. Seems like a disconnect between Quicken's information and First Horizon.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    First Horizon Bank - TN supports both Direct Connect and Express Web Connect.  Which connection do you have with them?
    Also, when you try changing your PW, are you getting any error message(s)?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• I have Direct Connect. When I try to change the password, I get the error "First Horizon Bank - TN could not use the password you entered"
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your bank's new PW requirements include the need to use special characters?
    If so, you might want to read the following Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/password-vault-your-bank-could-not-use-password-you-entered.  Pay special attention to the special characters that can be problematic for Quicken.  If you used one of these special characters in the new PW for your bank, try changing your bank PW so it uses a special character(s) that is different from what is shown in this Support Article.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Thanks. The bank previously explicitly did not allow special characters, and now it requires one. So I changed to use the same special character I use on other passwords that work fine with Quicken. I followed the instructions in that Support Article, and this time got a slightly different error message. "Quicken was not able to use the password you entered. Enter a password which contains both numbers (0...9) and letters (A...Z)." The password does meet those rules, But the error message makes no mention of special characters, which implies to me that Quicken doesn't expect special characters for this bank's passwords (i.e., the old rule of the bank - which has now changed). Or could there be a length limit for Quicken? The password works fine on the bank's own website and app.
  • ascolborn
    ascolborn Member ✭✭
    I am having similar issues trying to sync accounts from First Horizon and Quicken. My password does not have any of the special characters listed, but does have a required special character. When First Horizon made the updates in October, I could not download transactions. I reset the account in Quicken and was able to download once, but have not been able to do so again for the last two months.
  • ascolborn
    ascolborn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I tried updating the password on First Horizon with no special character and that worked. Quicken was not allowing me to enter a special character saying that First Horizon does not allow special characters. Seems like a disconnect between Quicken's information and First Horizon.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ascolborn

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize for the confusion and frustration this issue has caused. We appreciate the insight knowledge and feedback. If you come across any other issues or have questions please let us know. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • I just changed my First Horizon password, which now does not require a special character anymore. Then changed password in Quicken too, and all is good.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DBoessmann

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community and providing your insight. I will make sure to refer other users with this issue to this post with useful information. Let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.