Schwab incomplete downloaded transactions

dhammabob
dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
Mac Premier 6.5.0. A dividend reinvestment transaction from Schwab SEP IRA account is recorded as dividend income and buy transactions (I am fine with that) but the buy transaction only recorded the total, not the number of shares or the stock symbol. I was able to manually adjust the details though. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Also, the reconcile sign shows up for many if not all of my investment accounts every time I sync with the server but almost all of them have no new transactions. Is it just me?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    dhammabob said:
    Mac Premier 6.5.0. A dividend reinvestment transaction from Schwab SEP IRA account is recorded as dividend income and buy transactions (I am fine with that) but the buy transaction only recorded the total, not the number of shares or the stock symbol. I was able to manually adjust the details though. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Also, the reconcile sign shows up for many if not all of my investment accounts every time I sync with the server but almost all of them have no new transactions. Is it just me?
    Hello dhammabob,

I know that these kinds of download issues can be frustrating, and I appreciate your patience. Thank you for speaking with us about the missing information that you're noticing related to the buy transactions in the SEP IRA accounts.

Do you notice any error codes when updating or linking an account?

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @Quicken Jared the transaction in question was from 12/14 but I just noticed it and there were sporadic server sync errors in the past couple of weeks, so it's possible there was an error but I can't say for sure. As for the misleading reconcile signs, there are no errors, it happens on every sync, any thoughts on this issue?
  • Quicken Jared
    dhammabob said:
    @Quicken Jared the transaction in question was from 12/14 but I just noticed it and there were sporadic server sync errors in the past couple of weeks, so it's possible there was an error but I can't say for sure. As for the misleading reconcile signs, there are no errors, it happens on every sync, any thoughts on this issue?
    Hello dhammabob,

Alright, understood; thank you for the clarification, and I appreciate that you checked back in with us regarding the sync errors. As far as the reconcile signs go, do you think it would be possible to provide a screenshot? I want to be sure I know what you are referring to before I say anything further.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @Quicken Jared see the green = signs on all the active accounts (left hand side under Investing section) from 2 financial institutions that I sync.
  • Quicken Jared
    dhammabob said:
    @Quicken Jared see the green = signs on all the active accounts (left hand side under Investing section) from 2 financial institutions that I sync.
    dhammabob,

Thank you, again, for keeping me informed, and going through the trouble of sending that screenshot. I think we are narrowing down the issue, here. I believe that the account status window has now been integrated into the account list and thus, it should be appearing every time an update takes place. Hence, the 'auto-reconcile' sign sounds like it is functioning properly. This is a new feature as of 6.5.0.

You can read about this here in the release notes:

https://www.quicken.com/support/subscription-release-quicken-mac-release-notes.

You can see an example here:

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared thanks for the link and explanation. However, no new transactions were downloaded, so the reconcile sign is confusing, maybe I am only one feeling that way? For me, reconcile has always referred to reconciling against new transactions downloaded, is that not correct?
  • Quicken Jared
    dhammabob said:
    @Quicken Jared thanks for the link and explanation. However, no new transactions were downloaded, so the reconcile sign is confusing, maybe I am only one feeling that way? For me, reconcile has always referred to reconciling against new transactions downloaded, is that not correct?
    dhammabob,

I understand how it might seem confusing at first, and it *is* true that reconciling new transactions manually when they have been recently downloaded is a standard feature of Quicken. However, Quicken for Mac allows you to reconcile transactions automatically with the auto-reconcile feature. You can read more about auto-reconciling accounts here, as there have been some developments as of the last update to 6.5.0: https://www.quicken.com/support/subscription-release-quicken-mac-release-notes. The purpose of these symbols is to serve as a reminder of which accounts still need to be reviewed after they have successfully updated and reconciled. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    dhammabob said:
    I've been seeing those same false reconciliation symbols when no new transactions have been downloaded, too. This began with the latest update and continues until today.
  • dhammabob
    dhammabob Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @Quicken Jared Something is lost in translation, I understand the auto-reconcile feature but the issue is that there are NO NEW transactions downloaded, so there isn't a need for auto-reconcile, makes sense? I am almost certain this is a bug for accounts that have no new transactions downloaded and yet have the auto-reconcile sign. Apparently, @AZCoder1959 is also confused.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared Adding additional notes:
    • For every false reconciliation symbol in the sidebar, there is an equivalent one on the corresponding Transactions page
    • If I update all the accounts immediately after clearing the "new" reconciliations, false indicators return--sometimes for the same accounts as prior, sometimes a different group. It's not consistent.
    CC: @dhammabob
  • Quicken September
    Quicken September Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @AZCoder1959 & @dhammabob

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I understand that issues like this can be frustrating and we apologize for the trouble. We are currently investigating this issue and will update you as to what we find. We have reached out to the development team for further clarification and will respond as soon as possible. Thank you again for your patience and have a great day! 

-Quicken September
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    The Buy transactions showing up without a symbol was a glitch that I believe occurred when AWS was down which meant we weren't getting quote data to match with incoming transactions so this shouldn't happen again. In addition, we plan to add Quicken Mac code to handle this situation better so we won't create a transaction without a security when a major service is down. This will most likely make it into 6.6.

I wasn't aware of auto-reconcile getting triggered without any transactions until reading this post. We'll have to investigate that further. First off, the way the app works, with regard to Quicken Connect accounts, is that the app truly doesn't know when there are new transactions or not. Even a subtle change that you may not notice in an existing transaction could appear as a new transaction to the app. This might be what's causing it. I'm not saying this is right but it might provide an explanation. In any case, I think we'll need more information to figure out what is going on. I personally have a Schwab account but I don't reconcile my investment accounts so I don't see this issue. I'll reach out to you both to discuss further.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    First off, the way the app works, with regard to Quicken Connect accounts, is that the app truly doesn't know when there are new transactions or not. Even a subtle change that you may not notice in an existing transaction could appear as a new transaction to the app. This might be what's causing it. I'm not saying this is right but it might provide an explanation. 
    @Quicken Marcus Couldn't you have the program query the number of transactions in each account before connecting to the outside world, and then compare the transaction count after updating to the transaction count before in order to determine accurately if any new transactions downloaded? (Maybe that oversimplifies the issue, but from your explanation, it seemed worth throwing out as a suggestion.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.