How do I change colors on my account?

I would like my balance to show as a negative amount in Red, and a positive amount in Black. Right now they are all a pale grey. Also on my register how do mI show what checks have reconciled? Thanks

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    To show cleared/reconciled status, you need to add the Clr column to the register. To do this, click menu View > Columns. In that column, you'll see a blue checkmark for Cleared and a green checkmark for reconciled. There will be an empty box for neither cleared nor reconciled.

You may also want to add the status column to the register if it's not showing. This column is indicated by a black dot at the top. The contents of the Status column are described here: https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Status+icons+in+your+Quicken+account+register

The reason your Balance column is gray italic is because either (1) your register is not sorted by Date, or (2) you have an active filter/search invoked.

To resolve (1), click the Date column header. To reverse the date sort order, click it again.

To resolve (2), click the green Clear Filters button at the top of the register.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    To show cleared/reconciled status, you need to add the Clr column to the register. To do this, click menu View > Columns. In that column, you'll see a blue checkmark for Cleared and a green checkmark for reconciled. There will be an empty box for neither cleared nor reconciled.

You may also want to add the status column to the register if it's not showing. This column is indicated by a black dot at the top. The contents of the Status column are described here: https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Status+icons+in+your+Quicken+account+register

The reason your Balance column is gray italic is because either (1) your register is not sorted by Date, or (2) you have an active filter/search invoked.

To resolve (1), click the Date column header. To reverse the date sort order, click it again.

To resolve (2), click the green Clear Filters button at the top of the register.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Baker21
    Baker21 Member ✭✭
    Your answers above are spot on. My problem is different. There is a green line that separates today's dated items from future transactions. I have 2 checking accounts, and both used to have the green line. Now, one account has the green line, and the other the other does not have the green line. Any clues how to fix that problem?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Now, one account has the green line, and the other the other does not have the green line. Any clues how to fix that problem?
    Are you seeing transactions, in date order, from the past up through now and on into the future, and there's no green line? I've only seen this if there are no future transactions or the register is not sorted in date order.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Baker21
    Baker21 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the tip. I changed the date ordered, and changed it back, and the line is now there. I didn't think to do that. I'll never understand what happened to it, because it was always there before. Thank you. Something so simple! Funny, I had 2 things happen after the last update. I was able to fix the other problem. Happy New Year.
This discussion has been closed.