Bill payment has failed - Chase credit card

Hello.  I have been using Quicken Bill Pay (Quick Pay) for my Chase credit card bills for a while now.  I noticed that recently I am not getting all my bills downloaded and have to either Refresh or Remove Online biller and re-add.

This happened again yesterday with one of my Chase credit cards.  Went through the usual "jiggle the handle" process and finally got my bill downloaded.  I then sent a payment via Quick Pay.

Later in the day, I got an email from Quicken:

"Your payment was canceled because Chase requires that you enter a new one-time code verification. Please try your payment again and enter the one-time verification code."

But I had just done this in Quicken earlier in the day.

On the Chase site I even removed and re-added the external account that funds are coming from but it didn't make a difference.

I tried twice more but got the same results.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Quicken Premier for Mac

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About your Bill Manager / Quick Pay / Check Pay issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates and fees.

• richard13
    richard13 Member ✭✭✭
    UKR said:

About your Bill Manager / Quick Pay / Check Pay issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates and fees.

I have considered automatic payments in the past but always came up with "what if..." scenarios that kept me from doing so.  But what you said here makes a whole lot of sense.  And maybe it's time for me to give it a go.  I think it could potentially save me many hours of frustration.  Thank you so much for your very well reasoned reply!

Quicken Premier for Mac

This discussion has been closed.