Price History Shows Data for 6/30/2022 when downloading 401k from employer

Options
Rajeeb Das
Rajeeb Das Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Greetings! For the last two month or so, I have frequently been seeing the latest price be shown as of date 6/30/2022 when I download my 401k data into quicken. These are all proprietary mutual funds that have no ticker. The price is accurate as of the date... Ie if I download on 12/28/2021, the price is accurate for 12/27/2021, but the date will always say 6/30/2022. Therefore the portfolio value is stuck back at the 10/1/2021 rate. Around 10/1/2021 is the last time the dates work without manual intervention.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A File Validation should report on and delete price history records with a future date.
    However, the $64-question remains: Where do these future dated prices come from?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:
    A File Validation should report on and delete price history records with a future date.
    However, the $64-question remains: Where do these future dated prices come from?
    It has been my experience that Validate flags the future dates but doesn't delete them.

As for where the prices come from, they are in the downloaded transaction information, which only the financial institution that is providing this information can fix.

The proof would be in the OFX log: Help -> Log Files -> OFX Log
    Note the above assumes that this isn't for the new messed up Scwhab downloading.

The price information would look something like this (note it might be all on one line)
                <STOCKINFO>
                    <SECINFO>
                        <SECID>
                            <UNIQUEID>219350105
                            <UNIQUEIDTYPE>CUSIP
                        </SECID>
                        <SECNAME>CORNING INC 07-219350105
                        <TICKER>GLW
                        <MEMO>CORNING INC
                    </SECINFO>
                    <STOCKTYPE>COMMON
                    <DTYIELDASOF>20110415120000.000[0:CST]
                    <ASSETCLASS>OTHER
                </STOCKINFO>

The date above is 2011-04-15 time 12:00:00
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prices for that type of security can only come from the financial institution.  Who is that (not the employer, the outfit that administers the 401k)?

They are responsible for both the price and the date associated with that price.  It would seem then they they are somehow providing the 6/30/22 date.  Any idea if that date has any significance (not that it really matters)?  If you are so inclined, you could look in the OFX logs to confirm there is a 6/30/22 date associated with the prices.  (Quicken Help log files)

You would then need to bring this to the attention of those administrators.  Until then, your only option would be to manually update the prices for the particular dates.  That can be done through Portfolio views (Ctrl-U) or holdings views, or by going to the Security Details, More, Edit Price History    
This discussion has been closed.