Synchrony (PayPal Cashback Mastercard) Won't Reconcile

erwiest
erwiest Member ✭✭
I update my Synchrony Bank PayPal Mastercard by manual download (One Step Update doesn't seem to be an option and I live with it). Transactions dated since 12/26 have downloaded with a "2022" year, and, even when fixed, won't show up in reconcile against online balance. What's going on?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @erwiest,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same error in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to be taken to the new file

From there, go ahead and attempt import the same QFX file as you normally would to manually download. You should receive a prompt to add the account. Once that is done, see if you experience the same issue in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Steven Fain
    Steven Fain Member ✭✭
    I just ran into this same issue downloading my transactions for Synchrony Mastercard since 12/26/2021. They all came down with incorrect year of 2022. I manually changed them to 2021 and they still do not appear in reconciliation window. Had this issue last year. I also have learned to live with having to pull transaction manually. Can not get it to add to auto download.

I tried what Anja suggests above and the year portions of the transaction dates are still in 2022, not 2021 for anything between 12/26 and 31.

I checked the XML file from Synchrony an it is sending the wrong dates. See below
    <STMTTRN>
    <TRNTYPE>DEBIT
    <DTPOSTED>20221231
    <DTUSER>20221231
    <TRNAMT>-53.14
    <FITID>12312022253005314002290500111166
    <NAME>GOOGLE *YOUTUBE TV G.CO/HE
    <MEMO>5543286BD5SXRM017
    </STMTTRN>

I called Synchrony and they try and point the issue back at Quicken. Grrrr... Not Quicken's fault, garbage in yada yada.

But why cant they appear in reconciliation window AFTER manually fixing the dates?
This discussion has been closed.