Why won't my FreedomMortgage account sync now?

ehopkins
ehopkins Member ✭✭
I recently bought a new Mac desktop and now my Freedom Mortgage account won't sync with Quicken. Why did it stop? It has synced and nothing has changed about the account or password. I can log in to Freedom website and get into the account. Quicken doesn't recognize it however.

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Hello @ehopkins, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue and any inconvenience it may have caused you. I took the liberty of checking your account on my end and I do see it's not updating right not due to invalid login credentials. My recommendation would be to reset the account and try to login again. Here is how you would do that,
    1. Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    2. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom-right corner
    3. Click the Downloads tab
    4. Click the Reset Connection button
    5. Login to your account again
    Let me know if this helps!
    -Quicken Jade 
  • ehopkins
    ehopkins Member ✭✭
    Thank you for that info. I went through those reset steps. I still get an error message asking me if I used the correct login. I did because I can go to the Freedom Mortgage website and log in using it. I get into the account fine. I have called Freedom Mortgage and got a new customer rep on the phone. She had never heard of Quicken! So I am awaiting a call back from their "technical team". Maybe they can resolve. Any other thoughts?
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for that update and for following the steps @ehopkins, I do apologize that you're still receiving the error. Unfortunately, the incorrect login error is one that the bank would have to resolve, maybe they need additional verification or steps. My recommendation while waiting for the bank to get back to you would be to check their site and see if you have any messages asking to verify Quicken or making sure you have 2-factor authentication on in the settings. There may also be something there about allowing third-party access. I do hope checking these things or working with the bank resolves your issue! 
    - Quicken Jade
This discussion has been closed.