Mac version DOES NOT support SAVINGS GOALS

pintcg1
pintcg1 Member
One of the main reasons I decided to pay for the subscription is to get rid of my spreadsheet where I log on a monthly basis all the progress I've made towards my savings goals.

Oh well, I've found out that Quicken for Mac does not support this function.

I'm very disappointed.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There are dozens of differences between Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac. The lack of Savings Goals in Quicken Mac is one of them. There is a long running thread in this forum asking for this feature to be added; it has more than 200 votes and is currently marked as Under Consideration by the development team. You should add your vote in that thread, as more votes can help the developers decide where to rank their many priorities. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Birdie
    Birdie Member ✭✭
    Ditto.
    I’m cancelling

> @pintcg1 said:
    > One of the main reasons I decided to pay for the subscription is to get rid of my spreadsheet where I log on a monthly basis all the progress I've made towards my savings goals.
    >
    > Oh well, I've found out that Quicken for Mac does not support this function.
    >
    > I'm very disappointed.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rule #1: Decide what your needs are
    Rule #2: Identify what products meet those needs
    Rule #3. Purchase the machine that supports those products.

It looks to me like you went 3,2,1 instead of 1,2,3

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• rhall9058
    rhall9058 Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Rule #1: Decide what your needs areRule #2: Identify what products meet those needsRule #3. Purchase the machine that supports those products.
    > It looks to me like you went 3,2,1 instead of 1,2,3

Well, I did the 1,2,3 version and am still disappointed to find after the fact that this isn't supported. I'm looking at it as deceptive marketing tactics. On their product comparison page, they list all the features, and stipulate that those features are on both the Windows and Mac platforms.

Very disappointed that they continue to suck us in and then provide that disappointment.
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like you to refer a web page link or drag and drop a pic of where you see that feature is on both the Windows and Mac platforms.

Because I've never seen Quicken advertising such.  
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    In fact, if you look at the product comparison page on the Quicken website, scroll down to find Create Custom Savings Goals, and you will see that it shows a check mark with an asterisk, and the asterisk denotes a Windows-only feature.

So from what I see, the marketing is accurate and not deceptive. 

It should be noted that the feature comparison page list about 75 topics for comparison. As we all know, there are many hundreds of features, some broad and some very narrow, in Quicken, and so this comparison page is never going to cover all the details which may be important to every user -- it paints with a somewhat broad brush to give information new users might find helpful in making their product choice.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.