Is there a search that will do what I want (see details below)?

Just a suggestion to pass on to the developers. Or, perhaps this is a feature that already exists?

It would be great and I think reasonably easy for the following adjustment to be made to report search options that would permit a Quicken user to be able to choose an income or expense category and request a report that tells the user the details of only a specific expense account over a period of years or from the inception of the Quicken account. Now, the only way I can see to do this is to download a CVS file over multiple years and then delete many hundreds of lines to access only the specific data that is needed. Perhaps this is already available?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can customize any report:

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Select the category you want in the register...and then select the tiny graph next to the drop down arrow.  That will give you a mini report for the past 12 months.  You can customize this report to Earliest to Date or Custom Date and also select the account(s) you want by clicking on the GEAR in the top bar.  There you can print the report or export to a .csv.  
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at the Reports Menu or the Reports & Graphs Center / Easy Answer section for a report titled "How much did I Spend on ..."?
    This allows you to select the single category you're interested in and the Date Range. Further report customization can be done to exclude/include accounts, select columns, etc.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can customize any report:

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Roboxygen
    Roboxygen Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all. You have answered my questions. Happy New Year to all.
This discussion has been closed.