linking CapitalOne

Options
Jeanne
Jeanne Member ✭✭✭
I see there have been a lot of problems with CapitalOne, and I'm trying to troubleshoot. But I'm kind of frozen here: CapitalOne's web site says that the account is linked but it's not in Quicken so I can't de-activate in Quicken. Briefly, Quicken set up a checking account but I don't have a checking account with CapitalOne, just a credit card. So I just deleted the that. I'd download a QFX file if I could, but I don't see a way to do so (and I certainly don't prefer).

I keep getting in a loop where I get a CC-501 error, try again, and then have to reauthorize. Then CapitalOne sends a confirming e-mail and lists Quicken as linked under SECURITY at it's web site, but Quicken doesn't know and doesn't even show the account.

I did try canceling the link at capitalone.com, but that didn't help. I've tried re-starting Quicken and cold-booting the computer.

I've tried four variations on the bank name. (I have not broken the link at capitalone.com each time.)  Sometimes, I have "advanced" options, sometimes not. But each time, the process offers me the "Venture account ending in ####"  and we go through the same dance. I click "authorize" and the link is on capitalone.com and confirmed by e-mail, but the account never shows up in Quicken. Error code CC-501.

Any suggestions at all?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Jeanne & @Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Jeanne, I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem and I completely understand how frustrating it may be. First I would double-check that all Capital One accounts are deactivated, you can do this by going to tools and account list, then edit on your account, and online services. I'd recommend using "Capital One Card Services" to add the account into Quicken. Then make sure you are linking to your existing account. If this is still giving you an error or not resolving your issue additional troubleshooting may be needed and I'd recommend you contact Quicken support for that. 
    -Quicken Jade
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same issue!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Jeanne & @Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.